Well, folks, we're finally there (or nearly so).

Next Sunday (9th October) sees the Sussex Club Clans gather at Swallows FTC's ground for our end of year celebration and prize giving ceremonies.

As well as the trophies being issued for the individual competitions - for Open, .22/Recoiling, Junior and Primary Classes - and for the much sought after SIHFT Team Trophy, Swallows will put on a 'special' HFT course for all/any who wish to have some fun in our woods

This is likely to be a 'short' course (20ish targets) and just in the lakeside woods. It will also be to something other than strict UKAHFT rules; more like the CSFTA/BARPC approach, where shooting positions are not dictated by anything other than the peg placement and terraine and obstacles. It's unlikely to offer many (or any ) prone positions. As usual with our woods, strongly nettle resistant clothing is recommended

In addition to all that potential fun, and recognising the level of interest (angst ) in each SIHFT years' Team Trophy contest, we will put on one final end-of-year 'fun' TEAM contest. I will not reveal the full detail here (to be saved for the day itself), but just ask that each club brings at least 5 members and weapons (single shot only) for a comp which will test both accuracy and speed. The comp will be in three rounds, where the first and final rounds are knock-out and 2nd round just against the clock.

To join us and take part in all/any of the above, please make sure you arrive in time to book in and attend a safety brief ahead of the HFT course starting at 10:00ish. Gates will open and breakfast available from around 8:30.

Hope to see a whole bunch of you one week from today. While I cannot imagine that the weather will be anywhere near as amazing as it is today, I shall keep my finger crossed that there's not too much wind to stop us erecting the marquee.

Biggles