Thread: airgun club in kent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bjr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baz
    Dover and Deal is my fav, no standing/sitting in the rain (or snow) lanes out to 100yds, and monthly comps (which are a laugh!)

No commitees spouting unneccessary rules either, just safety naturally

And most important friendly members that dont care if you have a Meteor or EV2

Baz
    have they got a web site mate?
    done a search but didn't come up with anything

No website that I know of, just turn up on a Thursday or Sunday, its even quite cosy in the winter, plenty of tin chickens to shoot if thats your thing, or paper targets, or plinking, all sorts of shooters from hunters to HFT

Tea and coffee available if Rob (he runs it) is there, even a fire when its really cold

Baz

snapper 01 Guest

Thumbs up

Dover And Deal Is What You Are Looking For A Good Bunch Of Lads .very Helpfull And What They Dont Know About Air Rifles And Air Rifle Shooting Is Not Worth Knowing. Shoot Days Thursdays And Sundays From About 08.00 Onwards .
    You May Get A Coffee If Rob Can Get Out Of Bed.

Scarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper 01
    Dover And Deal Is What You Are Looking For A Good Bunch Of Lads .very Helpfull And What They Dont Know About Air Rifles And Air Rifle Shooting Is Not Worth Knowing. Shoot Days Thursdays And Sundays From About 08.00 Onwards .
    You May Get A Coffee If Rob Can Get Out Of Bed.
    They don't know much about FT shooting. Had no idea what a 'shotgun' start was when I suggested it at one of their freindly in-club comps. Would agree that they are a friendly bunch though, and will make you more than welcome.

The only reason I don't get down there much these days is that I have a relatively low boredom threshold for plinking, which is what they mostly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    They don't know much about FT shooting. Had no idea what a 'shotgun' start was when I suggested it at one of their freindly in-club comps. Would agree that they are a friendly bunch though, and will make you more than welcome.

The only reason I don't get down there much these days is that I have a relatively low boredom threshold for plinking, which is what they mostly do.
    We dont know ANYTHING about FT mate, because we aint a FT club

You should have tried some of the long range airgun plinking though, 100yd 12g carts are quite "challenging" using 12ftlb

Baz

The real definition of DDAGC is friendly atmosphere with quite a knowledgeable assortment of members is what its all about as snapper says

Never been to a friendlier club, outdoors and comfortable is the name of the game as far as we are concerned

No "bum in the mud" here

Baz

Scarecrow Guest
    I entirely agree with you Baz.

I was only replying to a previous poster who said that what the lads at Dover didn't know about airgunning wasn't worth knowing. I just wanted to put the record straight that they didn't know anything about FT. Would hate for someone to turn up to learn about FT to be disappointed.

No slight meant on the club, as I hopefully qualified by stating that they are a great bunch of lads and very welcoming.

Lee G Guest
    If anyone turned up at either club, would people know about hft?

The swanley club had a regular who traveled the country shooting the comps, even got his ugly mug in the mags so ner

Quote Originally Posted by Lee G
    If anyone turned up at either club, would people know about hft?

Yup

Baz