Thread: butt pads - wegu vs bisley

butt pads - wegu vs bisley

gents, as above, if you were going to put a new butt pad on your hunting rifle would you go for the bisley or wegu?

i have the wegu on my cs1000 and find it fine, the bisley one is over sized and needs grinding down and finishing to your rifle size (bit of work but nothing massive), im thinking maybe the wegu would be better as its black as standard and wont be shiny like the bisley, better for hunting me thinks... once shaped and finished i could spray up the individual bisley pieces in matt black, shiny problem sorted. later today im going to take the one of my cs1000 and see how it lines up against the rapid, if its a good fit i'll be more tempted by order one of these when sss (staff stocks) website is back up and running as it saves the grinding and spraying?

any ideas or suggestions extremely welcome!!!

atb peter s
    HW100 .177, GINB FT#7, Viper 10x44, Rowan Stripper / Milbro Huggett
    Rapid MK2 .177, Mamba Lite 3-12x44, Weihrauch Mod, Pulsar Challenger GS 1x20, N1000AP -
    http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x..._173646-1.jpg/

Having had both, I prefer the Wegu pads.

Available in two profiles and the rubber feels and looks like it is of a higher quality compared to the Bisley style IMO.

Will all depend on fit really. If the wegu dont line up then there is no choice to be made. I have guns with noth types fitted and prefer the wegu as it seems better quality

On my last restock I used Wegu over the Bisley. Good quality, good price and comfortable for. me at least
    'I'm a rider at the gates of dawn and I take no prisoners' - Rik Mayall 1984
    Ex-Moonraker relocated to Sir Gar!

Wegu every time, they may be more expensive, but they come with two different possible size spacers, and a better fitting butt pat. The Bisley looks cheap and 'orrible.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

There's also the Alaska Butt Pad, if you want something a little ... different ------------------>
    mad(dened) scientist, fulltime nerd, (early) music/photography/Moto Guzzi geek, discovering the joys of shooting

ive never owned a wegu butt pad, have certainly thought to try them out though...
    i say this because the last adjustable butt pad i owned was a bisley... although the rubber they use for the actual pad has amazing grip (which i loved) it was the metal frame and rubber i found to slip away from each other if you applied pressure..

quality wise the bisley is not great, but at 15 quid a pop i suppose their not bad.

wegus are around double the price of a bisley arent they?

Cheers guys, I'll take the wegu of the cs1000 and test it on the rapid, tbh I prefer the look of the wegu to the bisley, hope it fits!!!

atb

Rapid MK2 .177, Mamba Lite 3-12x44, Weihrauch Mod, Pulsar Challenger GS 1x20, N1000AP -

let us know how you get on!!!

I'm told that SSS will size and finish an oversized Wegu for you if you send them a template. Costs an extra £10.

That would be superb, still waiting for there website to be up and running, also gonna check the standard one I have from the cs1000 - if that fits I'll just order one and slap it on

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Wegu are good,have one one my Steyr hunter,and just ordered one for my Anschutz,which I hope will be a straight swap as they fit them as standard,just wanted a slightly deeper adjustable one. Bisley ones work very well,but always seem to look a bit unfinished on a rifle.
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr