Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW 55 Valuation

HW 55 Valuation

Can someone give me a rough idea of what a HW 55m is worth, the metalwork is good, the stock has a few scratches, it's got open sights plus the peep sight.http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...r_89dfa4c2.zip

Quote Originally Posted by peter.H View Post
    Can someone give me a rough idea of what a HW 55m is worth, the metalwork is good, the stock has a few scratches, it's got open sights plus the peep sight.http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...r_89dfa4c2.zip
    Your link to the pictures is asking for a user name and password. Which stock has your 55m got ? as there are a fair few options.

That's very nice Peter

I'm not an expert on these (unlike HW55T) but I would say 250 quid?

Hows the shoulder getting on?

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    That's very nice Peter

Matty
    Thats just, Mean Matty, come on what did you see, a nice walnut stocked Hw55m ?

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Thats just, Mean Matty, come on what did you see, a nice walnut stocked Hw55m ?
    LOL

Not sure why you can't see pictures? I get straight to them!

Can you see this one?

http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...DSC02955-1.jpg

It's got that stock with the "Merc Symbol" cheekpiece - you know what I mean - that Classic 50s German stylee...
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 07-02-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: smelling
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Yep i can see that one, but you edited your post because your Smelling ? not to bad i hope ? That stocks the barvari, barveri, bar Look you got me smelling as well ; )

Yep i can see that one, but you edited your post because your Smelling ? not to bad i hope ? That stocks the barvari, barveri, bar Look you got me smelling as well ; )
    Yes HW 55 M - Bavarian Stocked Version available in Walnut or Beech

It's Beech I think... I'm still not very good and knowing the difference

So... how was my valuation?

Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 07-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Yes HW 55 M - Bavarian Stocked Version available in Walnut or Beech

It's Beech I think... I'm still not very good and knowing the difference

So... how was my valuation?

Matty
    Prices vari, but it is a beech stock, if it was a walnut stocked 55, your value would be low, do you think Peter is going to sell it, as i know i wouldnt.

That's very nice Peter

Matty
    Expert, so could you be Matty, go to Wicki pee, look up Weihrauchs, there are some very nice pics of 55s.

I'm pretty sure that's a walnut stock. The grain is straight but it looks like walnut to me. I don't think the later match HW55 (MM?) was made with beech either, only the 55S was. Looking at that accessory rail, this one is a late one.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Expert, so could you be Matty, go to Wicki pee, look up Weihrauchs, there are some very nice pics of 55s.
    haha did that last night

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a walnut stock. The grain is straight but it looks like walnut to me. I don't think the later match HW55 (MM?) was made with beech either, only the 55S was. Looking at that accessory rail, this one is a late one.
    haha I looked for ages and could not make up my mind.

Sometimes walnut just shouts at you but this is very straight and subtle figuring....

Most HW55M were supplied in Walnut so this could be a simple-grained example..

So... any advance on my 250 quid estimate? You are all being very coy...

Hw 55

The stock is walnut, I'm sorry if there was a problem with pictures but it's the first time that I've used photobucket, it's telling me that the link only lasts 24 hours, do I have to repeat it, or is there a way of extending it.

Quote Originally Posted by peter.H View Post
    The stock is walnut, I'm sorry if there was a problem with pictures but it's the first time that I've used photobucket, it's telling me that the link only lasts 24 hours, do I have to repeat it, or is there a way of extending it.
    Hi Peter

Well done for working out photobucket! A very useful tool once you get the hang of it.

The link should not have a time limit. You upload your photos to your album and then just copy and paste the URL (www.xxxetc. address) into the thread.

Someone may know more on this but i have never come across a time limit issue...

I am glad that it is Walnut. 275 quid then

A very tidy std stocked HW55, with peep sights, was recently sold at B.A.R. for £250.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk