Thread: For sale Webley Tempest Centennial .22 in box and certificate of authenticity.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

For sale Webley Tempest Centennial .22 in box and certificate of authenticity.

I have for sale a completely unfired limited edition Webley Tempest Centennial air pistol in a presentation box made of leatherette and wood, the box is attractively lined in a blue material and comes complete with barrel cleaning brush, official Webley, signed and dated certificate of authenticity and owners manual. This pistol is in absolutely mint condition and has never had a pellet through its barrel since it was bought in 2010 as a special order due to its limited run status.

This pistol is numbered 000052 out of 2000. The certificate has been signed by Roger P Williams (Chairman of Webley) and Paul Garrity ( Chief Tehnical Officer)

PRICE DROP Am now asking £200 plus postage but would prefer F2F.

And the pellets aren't included.
    Last edited by Grayling; 08-04-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

nikonf Guest

Webley

Hi,
    Is that a stock pic, or does it include the pellets?

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Hi,
    Is that a stock pic, or does it include the pellets?

Sorry that is a stock piccie, my pal whose pistol this is provided it and I thought it was the actual one here, didn't realise it wasn't the actual pistol until I Googled it and saw the same piccie. My Camera is refusing to interface with my computer or visa versa but all other info is correct.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

How much is Postage ?

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post
    How much is Postage ?
    Posted 2nd class £10.

DM80 Guest
    where was this pistol made is it turkey or uk etc.

Dave.

nikonf Guest
    Hi,
    Does it include the pellets? I don't think do, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    where was this pistol made is it turkey or uk etc.

Dave.
    Sorry Dave have had all the bits out and searched everything and cannot find any reference to where it was made. I know the Turks made Longbows but didn't know they built all Webley kit. I even phoned TJ McAvoys near you were it was purchased originally and they weren't sure either. Aside from phoning Webley themselves I can't answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Hi,
    Does it include the pellets? I don't think do, or am I wrong?

If the pellets are that important to you I can add a tin, but as I said after your earlier question, the photo in the original post was a stock photo.

Turkish Tempest

This Pistol was made for Webley in Turkey in 2010 to Original Webley Tempest Specification - All New Webleys are now are now made in Turkey

It is a limited Edition release of 4000 Tempests (2000 in .177 Cal and 2000 in .22 Cal) each having an individual numbered certificate

Pellets are not included with the case, although you do get a barrel brush.

Appinpar68

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post
    This Pistol was made for Webley in Turkey in 2010 to Original Webley Tempest Specification - All New Webleys are now are now made in Turkey

It is a limited Edition release of 4000 Tempests (2000 in .177 Cal and 2000 in .22 Cal) each having an individual numbered certificate

Pellets are not included with the case, although you do get a barrel brush.

Appinpar68
    Thanks for that , the Turkish Longbows seemed to be frowned upon, is it the same problems with these Tempests.

I don't have a Turkish Tempest myself, but have spoken with someone who has, and he tells me it is well made and produces slightly more power than the original.
    As said previously, all Tempests are produced in Turkey based on the original spec.sheets, with some modifications introduced during production.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I don't have a Turkish Tempest myself, but have spoken with someone who has, and he tells me it is well made and produces slightly more power than the original.
    As said previously, all Tempests are produced in Turkey based on the original spec.sheets, with some modifications introduced during production.
    Thanks for that , I know looking at this example he does seem very well put together.

nikonf Guest
    Hi,
    I have one, again unused. My friend bought one and has used it quite a lot.
    In my opinion it is at least as good as the the original. I have a mint boxed oriiginal Tempest.
    Don't be fooled by made in Turkey, they are excellent in reproducing very high quality "replicas",
    as good as originals.

There is nothing at all wrong with the Tempest Centennial. And as a die-hard British-made-Webley fan it does hurt me to say that. Yes it's made in Turkey now, but having about a dozen Tempests in my collection the 2 'new' ones I have here are at least comparable with my Birmingham made ones. I might also add that they are better finished than some of the later Birmingham examples. They do take a couple of tins or so to bed in fully, but that is to be expected. A far better purchase than some of the other Turkish Webley offerings (especially the Turkish Typhoon, which I really really really hate...)