Thread: same day clinder testing near norwich ?

same day clinder testing near norwich ?

Hi ,do`s any one know of any where that do a same day (or shorter than 2 weeks )cylinder testing around the Norwich area.
    Tried a couple of places but one said it would take about 2 weeks and the other are not taking cylinders in as their changing test places.
    Many thanks,
    Cheers,
    Steve.

secretagentmole Guest
    East Coast Diving my good man, he lives in Long Sutton, just over the Lincs border, but he is often diving round your way, Winterton etc. He will collect and deliver, ie pick up on a return and deliver on a way out, cost is £25 for a hydro and £10 for a visual, may just be a little more to allow for fuelling the Landie, contact details...

http://www.eastcoastdiving.co.uk/

Testing a Cylinder is not a 5 minute job! same day is very unlikely indeed.

Thanks for your replys Secret and angry,
    Cheers,
    Steve

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Testing a Cylinder is not a 5 minute job! same day is very unlikely indeed.
    Speak for yourself pal. East Coast offers a whilst you wait service at his testing site! All part of his excellent service, and seeing as the OP is on one of his routes to a dive site (he goes via road to the coast) he will deliver and collect! He also has an Air Arms S410, so he shoots as well as dives. Knows his stuff, £10 visual, £25 hydro and great service!

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...
    Flameskill in great yarmouth often do same day testing,and they only charge about £2.00 to fill a bottle.

Nik
    ''It is said we learn by our mistakes........clearly not as we keep making the same mistakes.'' My Theory
    ''War is the continuation of politics by other means'' Carl Von Clausewitz.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Speak for yourself pal. East Coast offers a whilst you wait service at his testing site! All part of his excellent service, and seeing as the OP is on one of his routes to a dive site (he goes via road to the coast) he will deliver and collect! He also has an Air Arms S410, so he shoots as well as dives. Knows his stuff, £10 visual, £25 hydro and great service!
    Well when I tested bottles for the forces, if they got wet internally (ie hydro testing) they had to be vented to dry for 24 hours.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well when I tested bottles for the forces, if they got wet internally (ie hydro testing) they had to be vented to dry for 24 hours.
    If they get wet internally there is a problem with them! My friend hooks them up to the test rig, immerses them, pressurizes, tests, removes them from the water, dries them, then uncouples them! He also makes test rigs for people to do Hydro testing. No problem with water in any of his cylinders, but in the forces you may be testing hundreds in a day, he does not do hundreds!