Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    When I bought my s/h Centre on Monday I noticed the windage adjustment on the sights was loose and flopping about. A quick inspection showed that the small ball and spring weren't doing their job so I fitted a 'O' ring between the windage wheel and the sight body. This caused some friction and I havent noticed the sight moving but I havent put it through its paces fully yet.

HTH
    Ian
    Any tips for one with dog damage?....and the answer to your next question could be - a Bull Mastiff
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    New design of stippling,seemed to be the general consensus of opinion last night Bob
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Any tips for one with dog damage?....and the answer to your next question could be - a Bull Mastiff
    I was thinking more gun dog or springer!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Actually the rest of it looks pretty good - I have a new rear sight on its way as that did not escape as well as was first thought, but it should make a nice pistol - with a unique grip treatment to make it very distinctive ......and grippy...and something to get yer teeth into!

RMTC Round Two Scores.

Despite a few of us scoring a little less than we did in Round One and also entering two more new shooters this time around our average score actually went UP a little bit higher in Round Two, so thanks to those that did improve we scored:-

Total Score 1531 divided by 11 shooters gives an average RMTC score of 139.18.

Last time in Round One we had 9 shooters with a total score of 1246 giving an average of 138.44.

Not sure how the Rivvy lads have done yet - but the RMTC average has crept UP a liitle bit - so well done to all those that made the effort and "had a go".
    Last edited by zooma; 29-09-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma;5665761

[COLOR="#FF0000"
    Not sure how the Rivvy lads have done yet [/COLOR]- but the RMTC average has crept UP a liitle bit - so well done to all those that made the effort and "had a go".
    I did my little bit to help their nerves by practising with my tin whistle outside the 10 meter range door. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Tinwhistle.jpg Always keen to help.

One of the Rivi members (no names to save his embarrassment) today decided to zero his new, to him, Original Model 6M. [and very nice it is too].
    After a few shots taking very careful aim and looking through the spotting scope after each shot he ran out of adjustment on the sights! It was only then he realised he'd been looking at the card of the shooter in the next lane!!! You couldn't make it up could you? Thankfully Shaun Bell will be shooting for Rivi in the next round of the M.P.L.

Then their was one of the better shots who very kindly gave one of their lesser skilled pistol shooters some coaching. I was in the next lane chuckling away to pupil questions like "Do I open my eyes to shoot?"

Then they ask me "Why are you shooting for R.M.T.C.? "

We all eagerly await the Rivi results for this round.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

RR scores for September

The Independent Republic of Rivington is pleased to submit the scores for the September round of the Muscle Power League. In a deviation to normal Eurovision practice, the scores will be presented in reverse, reverse order and, to protect the innocent, will show the Christian name, and initial of the surname of each competitor:-

Paul W - 165
    Chris B - 161
    Steve W - 157
    John W - 154
    Amanda B - 139
    Mike B - 134
    Ron B - 131
    Paul B - 130
    John R - 124
    Ray R - 110
    Len R - 102
    Christine B - 82

Total score 1589

12 competitors; an average of 132.42

Elite League

Total score 776

5 competitors; an average of 155.2

This concludes the scoring from the Independent Republic of Rivington.

RTM ( appointed by default )
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

So yet again robbed,if we counted 11 shooters the same as that other lotOur average was better.Fire up the pot bellied stove for next months shoot
    Home Page:

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Fire up the pot bellied stove for next months shoot
    Is this a new tactic from our performance coach - I can't afford to lose too many more fingers Sir. (Grovel, grovel, touches forelock with respect )
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

145-134 is not the direction we want Mike,you have been warnedI will also be keeping my eye on you as we already have 1 permanent Spy,as well as another on a mission today,that sloped of on the quite when discovered
    Home Page:

Hang on a bit - TC1 invited him to the range - I'm innocent I tell you, honest.

The only way you could divide by 11 would be to remove one of the scores too. You couldn't just divide the same total by a lower number, this just wouldn't be cricket!

If you took off the lowest, then divided by 11, this would still be lower.

You could, however, put some practice in or apply to move closer.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 30-09-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    So yet again robbed,if we counted 11 shooters the same as that other lotOur average was better.Fire up the pot bellied stove for next months shoot
    Even if you knock off your lowest score of 82 and then divide by 11 you average is still lower than RMTC's.

1589 - 82 = 1507.

1507 / 11 = 137

RMTC = 139.18

Granted it's an improvement on your lots round 1 scores of 131.18.

By my reckoning i make that a solid 2 - 0 to RMTC.

There's always next month though .

Edit: Nuts p.m.h beat me to it.

I love fishingJust expected a dwarf
    Home Page:

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Just a note to say thanks to all those who made me welcome at Rivi this morning,and to those who did`nt when they found out i am A member of the R M T C received a bit of barracking but on the whole not as bad as i thought, quite a civilized bunch really . Collected a membership form off Dave on the way out,so may have divided loyalties.. Thanks again lads.