Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
Speeding does not cause crashes. driving recklessly causes crashes, but never simply breaking the speed limit.I don't really take notice of the speed limits. I drive to the conditions of the road. Sometimes driving much faster than the limit, other times much slower, and I have never had so much as a bump in my life. I've been driving since I was 17 and I'm now 34
what a load of rubbish. speeding does cause crashes and sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with road conditions. Outside influences other than road conditions can cause crashes. If you speed then the reaction time to outside influences reduces purely down to your ability to react to them. Your reaction time will remain the same at 50 mph to 80 mph. Your reaction to a given incident does not increase because you are going faster, on the contrary your reaction remains the same however you have less distance to react as you have traveled further. You sir, have been lucky so far. I have passed the advanced driving course and dabbled years ago in a bit of motor sport. This did not prevent two fully grown roe deer from trying to take up residence on the bonnet of my car and under the wheel of the drivers side. I was driving just below the speed limit on a dry road and perfect visibility. Those two roe deer cost me a new front wing tracking arm front grill and near heart attack. I was very lucky that nothing was coming the other way as the impact caused the vehicle to bounce across the road onto the opposite carriageway. Sorry, when i say car i was driving a big 4x4. If i had been driving a car god knows the outcome. If you keep driving much faster than the limit fine. the road conditions may be great. You may be the best driver in the world and i am sure formula one will be signing you up very soon. However even the best of the formula one guys all driving in the same direction with all their safety equipment have accidents. ask ayrton senna!