Quote Originally Posted by wild75 View Post
BUT there is a massive difference between driving well within the limits of the car and some, would be hard case packing a shoota.
Indeed; a car lulls users in a false sense of security, packs far more Joules, kills a lót more people.

Speeding with a car is VASTLY more of a risc than owning a gun. Just do the maths on the extra Joules.

A gun furthermore is diametrically different form a car in that a gun is perceived as dangerous wherras cars are not hence the useres are fundamentally treating them differently. Cras ´provoke´ risc behaviour, guns the contrary.

Me, I have raced anything on wheels for 23 years and don´t speed on the open road; if anything I am a moving road block únder the max. The max is after all just thát; a maximum and it is ok to go a bit slower. I strongly objet to speeding motorist overtaking as those are fáctually endangering the occupants of the overtaken car.
The weight of acar x speed = adn véry few drivers are capable of controlling their vehicle if shit happens. I am yet don´t speed but I would want a live fire arm to be able to defend the home/family as law enforcement doesn´t.

Attempting to deminish crime by banning guns is like ditto drunk driving by making it more difficult for sober people to obtain a driver´s license.