Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben Gas ram future servicing and spares.

Theoben Gas ram future servicing and spares.

Im just wondering how are current gas ram owners going to keep thier guns tip top in years to come?

Do you own one or are you gloating
    Seriously though,I have an Eliminator which I am in no hurry to get rid of and will be interested in what,if anything,transpires.--Shaun.

aston_shooter is offline Sod the PCs, wheres me gun.......
    Quote Originally Posted by engraver View Post
    Im just wondering how are current gas ram owners going to keep thier guns tip top in years to come?
    As far as I'm aware parts will still be available, imported from the US. I don't envisage mine failing any time soon anyway. If the day comes when it dies and somehow I can't get a ram then so be it. Much bigger things to worry about than how long my gas ram may or may not last.

Until that day I shall be enjoying my Fenman Profile in the way it was intended

I dont own one anymore but I would like another I still love 90s theoben gas rams.

donny c

just get in touch with donnyc on the rapid7 owners
    hes good friends with ian collins who made the rams for theoben
    hes doing new rams and silencer etc
    cheers paul

Thanks Paul.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    Yep, Ian will be sorting things as per r7oc
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Ram

There are always ....springs......you can put in if pushed.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreengrass View Post
    I have seen various references to a spring conversion.
    Does anyone have an Idiots Guide on the necessary steps once the ram is depressurised and out, please?
    I have no intention of doing it yet but you never know .....
    and it sounds intriguing in case I come across a duff ram rifle that is ripe for conversion.
    Cheers, Phil

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I have seen various references to a spring conversion.
    Does anyone have an Idiots Guide on the necessary steps once the ram is depressurised and out, please?
    I have no intention of doing it yet but you never know .....
    and it sounds intriguing in case I come across a duff ram rifle that is ripe for conversion.
    Cheers, Phil
    If you come across a rifle with a duff ram it can be either a) Refurbished if the HE system, b) replaced if pre HE! I found out all about this before I got my Sirocco!

The demise of Theoben has not affected the ability for either a) or b) to be carried out! Please do not sacrifice the joy of owning a gs ram rifle for the noise, lurching and horror of a spring!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    If you come across a rifle with a duff ram it can be either a) Refurbished if the HE system, b) replaced if pre HE! I found out all about this before I got my Sirocco!

The demise of Theoben has not affected the ability for either a) or b) to be carried out! Please do not sacrifice the joy of owning a gs ram rifle for the noise, lurching and horror of a spring!
    You should be on the telly Mr Mole, quite the comedian you are..

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Andy View Post
    You should be on the telly Mr Mole, quite the comedian you are..
    Why, I am reporting the gun as I have found and fired it. I have fired quite a few of the top spring powered rifles, HW97, 77, 95, AA Pro Sport, TX200, the way the Sirocco handles is as easy as any of those, an Evolution is a little harsher and could be likened more to my 60S TG GR!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Why, I am reporting the gun as I have found and fired it. I have fired quite a few of the top spring powered rifles, HW97, 77, 95, AA Pro Sport, TX200, the way the Sirocco handles is as easy as any of those, an Evolution is a little harsher and could be likened more to my 60S TG GR!
    Were any of those spring guns tuned? If so I'm not sure how well. I've owned plenty of both (spring & gas), and I've never yet found a rammer that shoots as smoothly as a well tuned springer. I've just had my 95k in .177 back from Lyn L. Its had a full V-Glide and it is far, far smoother than a rammer, and its running over 11ftlb too.

Its quieter too, by far. Doesn't even have a silencer on it, no need.

No offence meant obviously, I just think its a very bold claim you're making

No gas ram Ive ever shot could compete with a properly tuned HW or bog standard TX just due to the weight thats why only the old SLR88s where able to compete with them on the ranges as they where heavier than a say a standard fenman.

My grand prix was probably the heaviest rammer Ive owned but was no match for my tx at the time.

Although I liked just one Fenman I owned the best but it was what it was an out and out no fuss hunting gun.

Problem was Ive had 5 and 4 leaked air quite a lot over a year or so, so I know they are high maintenance if you want them spot on its luck of the draw if you get a good one but when you do I would love to take one hunting over many other guns still on the market.