Thread: Co2 pistol reliability

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A couple of years ago Phil Price from AirgunWorld magazine gave me one of these that he had in his shooting bag

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psa7c3ed79.jpg

The 'ball' end seats the pellet perfectly

I believe that these were once given away free with the magazine

Using the ball end of the tool as a guide I made a 2nd out of wood as mentioned above

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Pellet seating tool.

Well , just to confirm what several members have told me on here, I fabricated a pellet seating tool utilising a 1/4 inch ball bearing, loaded 10 magazines and seated all the pellets with my tool, no pun intended, and emptied all magazines with no hang ups what so ever. Just goes to show most of the problems I had in the past were most likely due to this one item lol. you gotta laugh. Its the simple things in life.

Thats great - glad you got this sorted!

RWS Hobby have a large tail and are difficult/impossible to seat properly with fingers. A tool is needed. Use Geco or H & N Econo and they will seat with the ball of your thumb.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    RWS Hobby have a large tail and are difficult/impossible to seat properly with fingers. A tool is needed. Use Geco or H & N Econo and they will seat with the ball of your thumb.
    Thanks Derek, I use pellets from Max Weiser they are branded H+N Match. I bought 5000 from Germany some years ago and am now getting to use them. They work a treat in my Twinmaster Trainer and these are what I am now using in my Colt. Yes they do need seating but waste not want not .
    Alan

I have a CP99 and I use one of those 7 mag quick reloaders, and I've never had any bother with the gun, in fact I think it's a brilliant wee pistol, accurate, and reliable, I drop a blob of oil with one of those needle type oilers on the co2 piercer roughly after every third co2 bulb and just a drop of oil on the moving parts about once a month, I also do the same for my Alecto, and that shoots a treat as well.
    I bought another co2 bulb mag the other day, so I can swap mags when blasting at ally cans and the co2 starts to cool down too much. I did have the silencer on the CP, but I've found that she balances far better without it, and accuracy is much improved. Now if I can only get rid of old mans' shake!
    It's not the destination; but the journey that counts!
    You can take the lad out of Essex; but not Essex out of the lad!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1943 View Post
    I have a CP99 and I use one of those 7 mag quick reloaders, and I've never had any bother with the gun, in fact I think it's a brilliant wee pistol, accurate, and reliable, I drop a blob of oil with one of those needle type oilers on the co2 piercer roughly after every third co2 bulb and just a drop of oil on the moving parts about once a month, I also do the same for my Alecto, and that shoots a treat as well.
    I bought another co2 bulb mag the other day, so I can swap mags when blasting at ally cans and the co2 starts to cool down too much. I did have the silencer on the CP, but I've found that she balances far better without it, and accuracy is much improved. Now if I can only get rid of old mans' shake!
    I dug out the old 99 that I had junked out of frustration. I loaded 5 new magazines seated the pellets, loaded a new co2 and away it went with not one stoppage. Pellet seating. After all the messing about and frustrations I had with that pistol, it was me all the time not seating the pellets. The CP99 is now one of my favourite pistols. Could you tell me where you bought your spare co2 mag as I will be needing one of those myself.?

pellet seating tool

Hi,
    i use a papermate biro, fits exactly and seats pellets nicely

Geko's are finger push fine in my Umarex 686, however Hobbys are not and I find the lid of a tube of Pellgun oil is a good tool to push them home with in the mags.

Co2 Pistol reliability

I have now fired over 500 pellets through my pistols, a Colt 1911A1, a Walther CP99 and a H+K P30 ( which incidentally comes with a plastic pellet seating tool as standard) and have not had one stoppage since seating my pellets. To say I am pleased would be an understatement. Previously although they have been fun Umarex pistols were always a bit unreliable due to the stoppages and jams. Such a simple solution to such an annoying problem. If only I had known this before lol. Thanks to all those on here who responded. now on the hunt for loads more spare magazines lol.
    Alan

I have a cp88 6"nickel with walnut grips, its a well made gun, just you have to get the magazine in correctly or they just jam up :/