I've got one and use it on all the shoots I go to. The 12-60 was much maligned as being the weakest of the three models, and it does have a few foibles but on the the other hand some very good points.

For example, the spacing between 45 and 55 yards on a 4 inch (10cm) wheel is about 2 cm. The focussing differential is almost as good at 50 mag as it is at 60 mag. The Big BSA - which I also have - has clearer optics but the gap between the 45 and 55 yard marks is about 6mm max, so although you can see the image snap in and out of focus better with the BSA, the Custom Shop gives a more useful indication of range. That is my experience, others may differ.

Mine is just a little temperature sensitive. If I zero it on a cool day with no sunshine, it will over-read at full range once the sun gets on it. A 55 yard target will measure up on the scale as nearer 60 yards. But I know this happens and can allow for it. It also happens with scopes that are a lot more expensive.

A downside of the 12-60 is its close focus, which is limited to about 13 yards. OK for BFTA courses but not for very short range reducers and mini kills.

HTH

Rich