Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Marksmen Airgun Fayre this summer

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    So, who bought what then.....?

And how did the bell target competitions go?

I'm sorry I could not make the event - it was just too far but I'm pleased it seems to have gone well.

John
    I managed to keep my hands in my pockets whilst looking at a very nice Imp D 45" .25....I think it went as there was a gap on the table later...and actually only bought a couple of tins of .22 wasps, some of which will be traveling down the garden tomorrow as I have a day off

ATB, ED

(will try and get started on those scans for you mate)

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    I managed to keep my hands in my pockets whilst looking at a very nice Imp D 45" .25....I think it went as there was a gap on the table later...and actually only bought a couple of tins of .22 wasps, some of which will be traveling down the garden tomorrow as I have a day off

ATB, ED

(will try and get started on those scans for you mate)
    Thanks Ed - dare I ask what the asking price of the .25 was?

Kind regards,
    John

my misses picked up somthing old and shinny, edbear where you selling the airsporter ? ric

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ricko1 View Post
    my misses picked up somthing old and shinny, edbear where you selling the airsporter ? ric
    If we had a chat about the Hillers book, yes mate, and that junior millita was a great little gun she had

Something for you;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Books/s?ie=U...%20E.%20Hiller

and:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Se...&tn=air+rifles

Also loads on the bay, can't see any S/H ones at the mo' but they do pop up.

All the best, Ed

Big success

Great to see you Ed,Charlie, Mike and Gary and every one else who turned up.

All in all over, 100+ visitors came through the door and although the competition side was quite in the morning, there were some good scores in the afternoon including Ed's 5 ex 6 on the vintage bell and a possible 15 ex 15 by one of the Lyons club members on the difficult Biathlon target - rarely done.

There was a great collection of spring rifles/pistols and a few PCP's and CO2's for sale but I resisted the urge and will continue to until a nice FWB127 tempts me to part with my cash.
    There was a good choice of spring and SSP pistols and I counted 3 nice LP53's for sale and a number of CO2 Hammerlies and a boxed Hyscore.

Nevertheless I bought a number of items that I was looking for and many thanks to all the sellers who put on a great display and of course all those who helped.

The proceeds for the day were about twice what was expected and of course all of the cash raised goes to the RBL Poppy Fund
    ATB

John
    hold me back !!

It was a cracking day out.(big thanks to all)
    I sold a Model D needing restoration, also sold an original mod 6.
    I then bought a beautiful webley super-target off peter dunkley.Wanted a crosman 600 boxed mint condition i think it was on flat-trajectory's
    stall but i resisted that one.
    Many many nice guns on show once again thanks to Melbourne marksmen for making it all come together.
    brian.

Smile

Thanks to Melbourne for todays event with just over 100 attending.
    I understand the raffle raise £144.00
    Had a problem in the morning as there we no loan rifles to shoot with on the competitions.
    Later they had a classic recoiling springer and a FWB 300SU so at least gun less visitors could finally
    have a go on two of the four competitions.
    Congratulations to Members from the Walton Lions who using those rifles
    won the Biathlon (any .177 rifle) 5 diagram target in the morning (Dave W) and
    David D who won it in the afternoon with a perfect full house score,
    no mean feat with someone elses rifle and using ring sight when he normally uses a post.
    Plus he came joint first on the classic recoiling springer again with a loan rifle.

I now look forward to Walton Lions Open Day on the 7th July.
    With lots of different rifles to have a go with. Especially
    the Lincoln Jefferies Vinatge shoot and the several loan
    rifles available for that.
    Last edited by thimblehouse; 16-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Everything went very smoothly, so a big "thank you" to Chris (HWVixen, formerly of this parish ) who put in a huge amount of organisational work to make the event happen, and for the pint of Pedi afterwards.

Also to John (pennineway) for his work in generating so much interest from sponsors. The prize list was extensive, and a good number of those who took part in the friendly competitions didn't leave empty handed.

So thank you to:
    Solware, T.W.Chambers, John Rothery, Pellpax and Uttings . Familiar names to many of us and great to see them helping promote the sport and raise money for the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal, the final amount will be made public once counted.

I was helping run the shooting competitions so only had a very brief look at the wares on offer, but noticed plenty of rifles being wrapped up for their new owners. One gentleman buying a very nice Mk1 Airsporter and Original 50e ,at very good prices, within a few minutes of doors open.

Shooting competitions were much busier after the first hour, and amongst the more seasoned shooters were a good number of newcomers. It was nice to not have to intervene once regarding any safety issues with all shooters obeying range commands and displaying correct gun handling at all times. Nice to see, so many thanks from me.

Managed to put a few more usernames to faces as well, so good to meet you all and thanks for supporting the event.

Happy shooting.
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 16-06-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: cider induced spelling mistooks!

Quote Originally Posted by anightrains View Post
    I then bought a beautiful webley super-target off peter dunkley.Wanted a crosman 600 boxed mint condition i think it was on flat-trajectory's
    stall but i resisted that one.
    Many many nice guns on show once again thanks to Melbourne marksmen for making it all come together.
    brian.
    Nice to see you again Brian, see you at The Greyhound.

Dunk's Supertarget is a beauty, not surprised it caught your eye.

Thumbs up

I to wish to add my thanks to those who set up & ran the fayre, yes I am a member, and turned up an hour early to help out , but everything was done , it was very enjoyable & the burgers were great will have to get there earlier in future I ended up just pointing people in the directions, the weather was good which also helped, and have to comment on a certain lady who worked her socks off selling the raffle tickets, well done guys n gals.
    ...mike...

I'd just like to second all the positive comments above. I know from bitter experience that only about a third of most committees actually do any work. If the ones that made today happen retained their sense of humour, sanity and marriages they are to be commended. Everyone I saw seemed to be enjoying themselves and there was a lovely atmosphere and some impressive marksmanship.

Of course, there's a downside to everything, my wishlist is now twice as long as it was and will require a major lottery win to fund it.

As regards the price of the .25 Imp D - the ticket said £1750, I think.

One of them and a Military would look just right over my fireplace ..

Thanks to all who helped to make such a pleasant day out, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

It was a great day out, thanks to the organisers, sponsors and those who brought gear along to sell. Burgers were fantasic. I came away with an unused BSA pistol scope and some books. I also won the morning's pistol competition and came away with a red dot sight from that. Many thanks to those who put so much effort in.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Had a problem in the morning as there we no loan rifles to shoot with on the competitions.
    Later they had a classic recoiling springer and a FWB 300SU so at least gun less visitors could finally
    no mean feat with someone elses rifle and using ring sight when he normally uses a post.
    Plus he came joint first on the classic recoiling springer again with a loan rifle.

Excellent. Good to see the money going to a good cause.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    All a big Ditto to whats already been said really !

Didn't manage to buy anything but was tempted by the Webley and Walther pistols. Next time maybe ?

All in all, its been a great weekend as me and John (Johnbaz) managed to take in the "Spring Gathering" on Saturday and the "Birmingham Arms Farye" this morning !

Sincere thanks to all involved who organised the day and made it so enjoyable !

Thankyou !

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post

I did not see you, you should have introduced yourself. On reflection this post is hardly worth commenting on

So please just get on with organising your fayre and good luck - I mean that.
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 16-06-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: On reflection
    hold me back !!