Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which pistol next?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I would get the Tanfoglio witness next. They are a lot of fun and in my opinion one of the best blow back pistols. I wouldn't bother with the PPK. Blow back bb guns are very much alike so get one and worry about another one when you come across it cheap or have money burning a hole in your pocket.
    Thanks - I do agree with the PPK, it actually looks a bit strange with that big bit coming out of the butt! I know you can cut that off and just tighten with a screwdriver, but I would rather not mess with it. As you say, maybe its one to leave for now and get when a cheap one turns up.

On the TFW, I just feel its also one I can buy later, although I do feel its probably the best value, most realistic and most fun on the market. Are they fairly easy to buy new?

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    For fun, enjoyable shooting, the Crosman 600 or the Schimel GP22. For absolutely amazing accuracy at long range the Baikal IZH-46M. The Witness is nice as a realistic copy of the 1911 but in performance just another bb gun.

Regards, Baz
    I really like the first 2 choices, in fact the Schimel is already on my shopping list, but those I have seen for sale seem really pricey at about £350-£400. If I were to get one, I would really want the box etc, and for it to be in great condition. How much should I realistically be aiming to pay?

I hadnt seen the Crosman 600 before. It looks a bit like my Webley Senior, although I am sure it is loads more fun! It has a great retro look to it, and I think I should add it to my wish list. Again, what do you think I should be aiming to pay for a really good one, if not mint. I also liked the nickel finish - is that how they come?

Not sure that the Baikal IZH-46M is for me, at the moment - it looks like it is really more for the serious target shooter, and at this stage I am more into the look of the gun, and having a bit of fun with it.

I have spent a fair bit recently and therefore want to make the next choice carefully - and maybe I am better spending more on something special now, as I have the Baikal 654 for plinking with in the garden.

Thanks again for your advice, and if you can answer some of the points above, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    ive owned most airpistols and the one you missed of your list the webley alecto is the best,
    power and accuaracy second to none, its the only one ive kept.
    Thanks - it also looks like a great target pistol, but I am not sure that the pump mechanism wouldnt drive me mad. In some reviews I have read, the Weirauch HW45 seems to win, and I thgink if I were to go for a higher powered pistol to use for targets mainly, but still have some fun with, then it would probably be the HW45 rather than the Alecto, although I wouldnt rule it out, and would be interested to hear views from anyone who has both.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Brocock Grand Prix.
    I think at this stage, I dont really want to get into PCP, even though I am sure its a good gun.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Given the guns you own and those you're thinking about - my suggestion would be a customised 2240, cheap to buy and easy to make all your own - a little bit at a time.
    Everyone should have a custom 2240 in their collection at some point - it's the law.....
    You are probably right! They get good reviews, seem good value, and would probably be fun to customise (although not really sure what customisation is needed!). As I am new to this, I dont think I am ready to start modifying anyway.

I also get the impression there are a lot about, and can probably get a cheap 2nd hand one later, when I have bought one or two from my ever increasing list of guns I would like to own!

I am not sure about the Walther P38. It looks like it might be great, or might be a bit plasticy. I am going to have to look at one more closely at a shop!

p38

hi the p38 is just like the real p38 its full metal i put my co2 p38 next to mt original ww2 p38 and it a excellent copy .atb mark

C-TT better

The Crosman C-TT is a good copy of the Tokarev and and a better performer than the copy P38 at our range.

Baz

Stop casting nasturtiums Baz.
    I have only shot the P38 twice in the cold so far.
    You may be right tho. Usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by royalscotsgrays View Post
    hi the p38 is just like the real p38 its full metal i put my co2 p38 next to mt original ww2 p38 and it a excellent copy .atb mark
    I'm saving as fast as I can!

Plus one for the TFW. Lots of fun - enjoyed it more than my Mak (although I may have had a duff Mak and I didn't really try out the different BB options). TFWs have their problems mine's being fixed at the mo for a feeding issue.

Cheers

How about a nice CZ75 P07?

There is one in the sales section right now..

I had looked at that, but it didn't make the list as I prefer a more classic look.
    I think the TFW 1911 seems to be the clear winner on the list.
    After that, possibly the HW45, but as that looks similar to the 1911, maybe I am better off with the Beretta 92 if that is also reasonably powerful and more accurate than the TFW, although I don't really get that if they are both co2 why the wouldn't be very similar in power and accuracy.

I think the general consensus is to go with the TFW 1911 first.
    Not bother with another Baikal.
    Not bother with a PPK
    Only buy a centenary edition 1911 if I have more money than sense.
    Get an HW45 at some point soon.
    The Beretta 92f is also worth considering.

So I think I will go and buy the TFW ASAP .

So for choice number 2, it seems to boil down to either the HW45 or Beretta 92 F.

I think there is little doubt the HW45 is better & more accurate, but at the cost of the fun factor. Is the Beretta significantly worse than the HW45 on accuracy and power?
    Which would you get after the TFW( given my existing small collection).

Thanks again for everyone's input, and I hope am not driving anyone mad as a newbie with all these questions.

I just bought the Centenary 1911 Umarex colt, second hand. vey pleased with it, but thinking it shouldnt be my regular gun, so now thinking about a CP88?

Definitely a HW45!