Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which pistol next?

Which pistol next?

Hi all

I am a new member, and joined this club after meeting some representatives at the recent Shooting Show.
    This is my first post!

I already have:
    Baikal 654 Makarov (in fact I have 2, a brand new one, and a 2000 model) both black finish
    LP53 black, in the box
    Gamo PT80
    Webley senior

So my shopping list now is:

Baikal 654 Nickel version
    Cybergun Tanfoglio Witness 1911
    Umarex Colt M1911 .177 CO2 Centenary edition
    Weirauch HW45 with the checkered wood grips
    Umarex Walther PPK
    Finally, one of the Beretta types probably 92F. in black.

I know a few are quite different, and some are quite similar. Given I cant buy all at once, I would be interested in anyones thoughts about this list, and which is worth going for first.

I think I should make the Colt Centenary a priority, as I think they are now harder to get hold of, but will it ever go up in value, or is it just a marketing ploy?

Also, I have the bug now, but it may wear off, so want to get the better ones first.

I have been searching for views on what is the best air pistol to go for, and there seems to be very mixed views, but even if narrowed down to a category e.g. Replica CO2 BB / pellet guns, there still seems to be no strong view as to which is best, although the 1911 Witness seems very popular, good value, realistic and blowback.

Any views welcome, as well as any others that should be added to the list. (I was also looking at the Schimel, but they seem really expensive to get hold of, so I will probably leave that for now).

I look forward to hearing from you.

I have a sig p226 x5 .177 bb for sale...£90 plus post with roughly 700 bb's

Thanks, but at the moment thats not on my list - unless there is a view it is an essential addition.

If you buy the TFW and the Centenary you will wonder at the price difference compared to the fun factor.
    The TFW is a lot more fun for a lot less money.
    However its second hand value will buy you a happy meal at Maccy D s.

The Cent is the better investment in the long run.
    But you will have to keep it A1 !

I would get the Tanfoglio witness next. They are a lot of fun and in my opinion one of the best blow back pistols. I wouldn't bother with the PPK. Blow back bb guns are very much alike so get one and worry about another one when you come across it cheap or have money burning a hole in your pocket.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

For fun, enjoyable shooting, the Crosman 600 or the Schimel GP22. For absolutely amazing accuracy at long range the Baikal IZH-46M. The Witness is nice as a realistic copy of the 1911 but in performance just another bb gun.

Regards, Baz

ive owned most airpistols and the one you missed of your list the webley alecto is the best,
    power and accuaracy second to none, its the only one ive kept.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Brocock Grand Prix.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    ive owned most airpistols and the one you missed of your list the webley alecto is the best,
    Just a common SSP single shot, not as much fun as a 10 shot semi-auto like the 600, and not as accurate as the 46M.

Baz

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Given the guns you own and those you're thinking about - my suggestion would be a customised 2240, cheap to buy and easy to make all your own - a little bit at a time.
    Everyone should have a custom 2240 in their collection at some point - it's the law.....

Of the guns you listed, only the HW45 can be considered to be not toy-like in accuracy and power output.
    The others are fine for messing about with tin cans in your garden but the HW45 will make a shooter out of you, it is more accurate than most people are capable of being.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post

2nd to none apart from an lp5,izzy46, crosman 600...shall I continue?

I am pleased to say that I have complied with Harvey's law- twice!

pistol

hi i just got a umarex walther p38 and found it excellent hitting a 5p size target at 6 meters and i got a colt 2009 rail concept in 6mm from smk it hits hard and is very fun to shoot stips like the witness 1911 and my wife got me a taurus pt1911 6mm its also excellent fun to shoot a good looking gun .atb mark

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    If you buy the TFW and the Centenary you will wonder at the price difference compared to the fun factor.
    The TFW is a lot more fun for a lot less money.
    However its second hand value will buy you a happy meal at Maccy D s.

The Cent is the better investment in the long run.
    But you will have to keep it A1 !
    Thanks for that. I feel the TFW is better value for having fun, but as I think they are fairly easy to get, and the Centenary is limited, if not out of stock, I might be better getting that now, and the TFW later?
    When you say A1 condition, does that mean I can still use it, but just make sure it does get scratched?
    And any idea what they go for now in the 2nd hand market ie are they really holding their value?
    Thanks again.