Thread: Mainspring data thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    As I've run out of springs for my mk2 stroke TXs, I'm going to buy a #1 and #9 titan to try, based on the info is this thread they should both be suitable. In fact I think the #1 should be perfect

Thanks again for posting...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    As I've run out of springs for my mk2 stroke TXs, I'm going to buy a #1 and #9 titan to try, based on the info is this thread they should both be suitable. In fact I think the #1 should be perfect

Thanks again for posting...
    I stuck a number 1 Titan in my .177 Diana 52 and it made 17 ft lb. I had to cut 3 whole coils off it to get 11.4 ft lb

Bloomin stiff spring

I'll be interested to hear how it goes john and how many coils you end up lopping off

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Jon

what length spring and what coil count and wore thickness do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Jon

what length spring and what coil count and wore thickness do you need?
    I want ~ 3.2mm wire, around 21 - 21.4 OD
    Coils and length is the experimentation - I want a few more coils, and a little more length, to get an overall softish but not too soft and unstable spring. I need to measure lenght, but obviously if I go a bit long it's easy enough to trim. #1 looked a good spec.
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 02-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I stuck a number 1 Titan in my .177 Diana 52 and it made 17 ft lb. I had to cut 3 whole coils off it to get 11.4 ft lb

Bloomin stiff spring

I'll be interested to hear how it goes john and how many coils you end up lopping off

Matty
    hmmm... chopping is easy, but I don't want it too stiff... it looked less stiff than the #9 (more coils, same len), and the #9 is meant for a mk2. Maybe I should try the #10 but it looks too thin wire and possibly a bit short

Is the #1 really stiff, or just too long ?

Hi all

Just thought I would add this to the mix.

One of the guys I shoot against is running a titan No7 in his tx with good results.
    I shot it & it felt very fast but a little harsh for my liking, all other internal details he seems reluctant to divulge.
    Have any of you tried one before I waste my money.

Regards Jon

I tried the 9 in my set up & it made power very easily, so much so I had to cut a few coils off.

With minimal top hat the spring has only 5mm preload which gives me 11.2-11.3 f/lb.( also gets a bit stiff to cock towards the end but not excessive )

The number 10 had 47mm preload to make 11.2f/lb

Jon

I use the No 9 and the Mk2 in my guns depending on stroke, the No 9 is good and makes power easily but is a bit stiff to cock, I would like something in between ideally

Nick

I was a bit concerned that with so little preload that it would not keep the bounce in check, but it seems to shoot fine @ 25 yards, of to test it out to 55 this morning.

Jon.