Thread: Mainspring data thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    That website info is wrong

Those other figures taken from their e b ay listing .

I promise you a no 12 is not 22.8 od and 3.65 mm
    It's just under 19 od and 2.9

Don't know about the others but the figs I posted are a copy paste from the auction site listing .
    I know they look Mickey Mouse and home made but that's just how they came out of my laptop.

If any one knows how to screen shot that page and put it up it might Have more credibility.
    That's interesting as I need a longer spring with the same figures as no11 and the no12 would be almost perfect, I have a Welsh Willy tuning kit in my short stroke project rifle I'm doing at the moment and I know he uses Titan springs, I measured the original spring that came in the kit and the figures where the same as a no11, so I bought another no11 spring hoping it would be longer but the new spring is exactly the same length (even though the figures in the list said it was longer), now if the figures for a no12 spring are as you say then that is going to be a longer spring which will help with upping the power, I think I'll go measure the no11's length and see if it's under 295 (just in case the figures in the list is wrong) and then go from there.

Many thanks for the info.

Pete

PS just measured the no11 spring I have and that comes out at 235mm, the list says 230, so even that bit of info is wrong.
    Last edited by look no hands; 14-05-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in