Thread: air arms tx200 sr help

air arms tx200 sr help

Hi can anyone tell me what stock fits this rifle.
    I have the chance of buy a tx200sr but the custom stock it came in is broken into 3
    Pieces it was a skeleton stock it fell but first out the bag
    It was not zipped up right.
    The owner took it to a gun shop who said a standard stock
    Does not fit.
    Does anyone own this rifle is the stock different if so where could I get one
    Any help would be great cheers

Could try Julian on the Air arms owners club..

When you say standard stock doesn't fit.. you mean standard TX200 stock.. or standard SR stock.

Quote Originally Posted by valboskie View Post
    Hi can anyone tell me what stock fits this rifle.
    I have the chance of buy a tx200sr but the custom stock it came in is broken into 3
    Pieces it was a skeleton stock it fell but first out the bag
    It was not zipped up right.
    The owner took it to a gun shop who said a standard stock
    Does not fit.
    Does anyone own this rifle is the stock different if so where could I get one
    Any help would be great cheers
    I have owned one and the stock is not the same as the standard one. It has to accommodate the recoil reducing mechanism.

You will be very unlikely to find a stock unless you buy new from one of the stockmakers I would think. I will try to find a copy of the manual for this gun and send it on to you if you don't already have one?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Manual

Just sent a copy of the manual to your email address. You'll see that the part numbers for the stocks differ between standard and SR.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

if its not been mentioned already try custom stocks at sheffield. i have found them very helpful in the past. google em and em a give call mate they do american walnut thats actually quite nice.

Tx200sr stock!

Hi, I would lend u my standard tx200sr stock should you need it so that you could have a copy made up, so long as i get it back tho please, If I can be of any help just pm me.

regards terry.

Im only buying the action but with a custom stock it may work out to much money.
    The guy im getting it from got a bargin of a lifetime going buy oyher tx200 sr prices.
    He got the tx200 sr rifle custom stock hawke panorama scope bag lamping kit battery and a spare .22 barrel for it
    All for £150
    How much do you think an action in good condition is worth its just been serviced.
    Any advice welcome

Quote Originally Posted by tg1973 View Post
    Hi, I would lend u my standard tx200sr stock should you need it so that you could have a copy made up, so long as i get it back tho please, If I can be of any help just pm me.

regards terry.
    Thank you so much for the kind offer I might take you up on it.
    I need to price a stock to see if the action is worth buying.
    How much is a good sr in custom stock worth any idea

Im only buying the action but with a custom stock it may work out to much money.
    The guy im getting it from got a bargin of a lifetime going buy oyher tx200 sr prices.
    He got the tx200 sr rifle custom stock hawke panorama scope bag lamping kit battery and a spare .22 barrel for it
    All for £150
    How much do you think an action in good condition is worth its just been serviced.
    Any advice welcome
    See this one I sold just over a year ago for £350.

P.S. I did move into another hobby, but airguns are still my passion. I just wish I hadn't sold this one!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Action on its own is worth £150.... a new stock from Custom stocks about 160... And still its cheap

So im looking at 310.
    I have been offered a mint tx200 mk3 with walnut stock for 300 so they would work out about the same.
    Which would be the better rifle to own in you guys opinion .I have never seen an sr in the flesh

So im looking at 310.
    I have been offered a mint tx200 mk3 with walnut stock for 300 so they would work out about the same.
    Which would be the better rifle to own in you guys opinion .I have never seen an sr in the flesh
    I think you will find opinions divided over that one.

I liked the relatively unique mechanical design and the absence of recoil of the SR. However I didn't shoot it that much and I think some people get a bit fed up with the need for frequent adjustment of the sledge tension (although this can be alleviated by using aerotight nuts).

The standard TX200 has never held any appeal for me, but then again, I have a superb HW97K so I'm probably a bit spoiled in that area.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice..
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

I have a .22 hw97k which has vmach internals and buttoned piston and comp tube and its sleved as well.i bought a brand new standard stock for it
    It shoots super smooth with just a small nudge twang free.
    But its a .22 and I want a .177 for hft the blueing is thin on the under lever and silincer
    So I thought id try a tx200hc mk3 standard walnut then the sr became available.
    If the 97k was .177 I would never sell it

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    Action on its own is worth £150.... a new stock from Custom stocks about 160... And still its cheap
    So im looking at 310.
    That does of course ASSUME that you can buy a replacement stock off CS.

I'd check first, because the action without a potential stock is worth very little indeed.

As for better, I have an SR and I do not think that they easily outshoot a standard TX. In case of doubt I would go for the other gun.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I have a .22 hw97k which has vmach internals and buttoned piston and comp tube and its sleved as well.i bought a brand new standard stock for it
    It shoots super smooth with just a small nudge twang free.
    But its a .22 and I want a .177 for hft the blueing is thin on the under lever and silincer
    So I thought id try a tx200hc mk3 standard walnut then the sr became available.
    If the 97k was .177 I would never sell it
    Just thinking to something i think i read ..lol

Does the SR shoot in a different category to a spring rifle in Hft .. thought i read something about it shooting with PCP's not in springer class. Not sure if thats an issue..