Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, how long can it take????

Seriously, how long can it take????

Sorry, I'm going to have a little rant just to vent my spleen....... I've got 2 guns on order, and they're taking FOREVER!!!

The first one's understandable..... it's a .20 HW97k - ordered it in January, and apparently it's going to be at least another month - apparently Weihrauch are on a go-slow at the moment as they're waiting for some new machinery from the far-east.

The second one's the one that's bugging me - I traded in one of my PCP's for a walnut TX200...... initial estimate from the RFD was delivery the following week (it was the easter weekend). It's now THREE WEEKS later, and apparently the distributor (Bisley, I think) keep telling my RFD that they haven't had any TX's delivered.

Jeez, I can understand it when it's something unusual being ordered from another country, but a bog-standard TX200 in .177???? Is it worth me ringing Bisley or AA to politely ask WHERE THE BLEEDIN' HELL'S MY GUN???? I can't really rant at my RFD as they've done everything they can......

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

AA like to ship stock out next day, if they have it

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by DNF View Post
    AA like to ship stock out next day, if they have it

Unless they just don't like the cut of your jib!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I'd ring air arms and see if they have stock..

Most dealers get AA rifles from John Rothery as far as im aware.....the dealer I use phoned rotheries for a TX hc in walnut and it was delivered the next day.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I'd phone up both direct and ask what's happening...

Thanks chaps - I'll get on the blower on monday........
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Well, I rang John Rothery yesterday who confirmed they're still waiting on a delivery from AA, and have no estimate of when it'll arrive

So, I rang Air Arms to find out what's going on...... apparently they've run out of walnut TX200 stocks and are waiting for delivery - "maybe" sometime next month AAAAARGH!!!

At this rate I'll get the .20 HW97 first...... hmph (sulk)

Dunk

Thats awful business practice running out of a major part like that..

Maybe there's a world shortage of walnut

Why not change your order to the cheaper beech TX. There is a three month old walnut stock for sale on airgunforum for just £90.00
    Hope the link will work
    /forums/showthread.php/156364-Walnut-TX200-stock

ps
    Still waiting on delivery of my .20 HW98 from SGC ordered February!!!

EDIT Why do links never work on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by NickTL View Post
    Why not change your order to the cheaper beech TX. There is a three month old walnut stock for sale on airgunforum for just £90.00
    Hope the link will work
    /forums/showthread.php/156364-Walnut-TX200-stock

ps
    Still waiting on delivery of my .20 HW98 from SGC ordered February!!!

EDIT Why do links never work on this site?
    I did consider that, but it just gets too complicated - having traded in a gun and paid the balance for the walnut option, we'd have to go back to square one.

At the end of the day I'm not actually in any mad rush - there's plenty of toys in my collection to play with, but it's frustrating that I had to ring the manufacturer themselves to find out what was going on - my RFD kept getting contradicting stories from the distributor, depending on who he spoke to

Good luck with your HW98 - at this rate you'll get it before my '97!!! When I rang and spoke to Simon at SGC he explained he gets no notification from HW of what they're shipping, he just has to see what turns up I guess that's the price we pay for grey imports of non-mainstream models He suggested I ring back mid-May...... which coincides with when AA might get the walnut stocks in LOL

Dunk

MID MAY!!! Ordered my HW98 14th Feb. Said they were expecting a shipment from Weihrauch end of April. Was hopeing to get a call any day now!! I'm guessing our .20's will turn up together. I hate waiting, could be tempted to change order to .22, but I have come this far now, plus it will be pretty unique

Quote Originally Posted by NickTL View Post
    MID MAY!!! Ordered my HW98 14th Feb. Said they were expecting a shipment from Weihrauch end of April. Was hopeing to get a call any day now!! I'm guessing our .20's will turn up together. I hate waiting, could be tempted to change order to .22, but I have come this far now, plus it will be pretty unique
    Definitely don't change to .22!! You will love .20 and wonder why you haven't owned one before. Also don't change from walnut unless you intend to go to Ginb or Custom Stock for something special and that will take even longer. I got my Ginb stock for a Pro Sport about 10 weeks after I paid the deposit: 9 weeks to leave the factory and another week in transit. If you can find a decent stock second hand then my advice is to BUY IT! I cannot believe why good stocks are so hard to sell on here especially those from the really slow but excellent makers but there we are.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Definitely don't change to .22!! You will love .20 and wonder why you haven't owned one before.
    Always been a .22 man. Bought a new Summer Forest laminate HW77K from Sportsman December in .22, but really want to try the mystical .20 calibre. Cant wait for my 98 to turn up. Got the scope and one piece mount, bag and pellets waiting!!

I'd be tempted to buy from Germany direct if that's the case. I'd bet money that a German dealer will be able to get you one here quicker.