I find good Moly and a cross hatched compression chamber make a huge difference, open transfer port depending on model, my 80 was 3.6 , better seal (V-Mach) and make sure your guides fit tight well as the spring fitting tight into piston. Cross hatching is easy and ensures constant lubrication behind the seal, good moly is essential to avoid galling. I like Maccari springs and a with the 95 a bit of weight on the top hat. Most springer recoil that is problamatic comes at the end of the stroke when it bounces off the remaining air, a profile on the transfer port and a decent seat for the pellet will in effect size a slightly over dia pellet and if the piston is balanced with weight and a good spring, bounce should be reduced. Thick wire less coils sems way to go, but I tuned mainly FAC many moons ago and found I could get a well .22 80 to shoot 20ft/lb with manners akin to a 12ft/lb. If i could find one I would tune an 85 as they tended to be made before tolerences fell. I also find a good polish on the end block flat helps the rear guide, short stroking i find harsh anhave had many arguments over long stroke thick wire low coil number guns versus high coil light short stroked guns. I prefer the former long term, consistent use. My current 77 has fired tens of thousands the same seal, spring and transfer seal with a 4fps average +/- . Don't over lube the main spring as it adds temp variations with viscosity and long-term migration. People often say PCP's are the only FAC option but a 97 at 19fpe is very useful around feeders and a great pigeon gun. Another myth is sound, a good tune and moderator mean i can hear thwhizz of my pellets and more vibration in the stock than sound that carries. One last easy tune is lead in the stock, balances the and again gives that pesky two way recoil a buffer. If I wanted a power tune long stroke 80 with mods will if the compression are is true and cross hatched, plus your piston is equally toleranced with a transfer seal and true barrel, you can have 22fpe and no more noise than a spring soaked in honey humopinion only.