Thread: Buying a HW95 already tuned, Sandwell field sports or Welsh willie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You're likely to get lots of thumbs up for Tony because nowhere near as many folks will have dealt with Will for a tuned gun - more folks will have bought tuning kits from him, which represent excellent value and offer great results.

I've dealt with both Will and Tony and unless you're going to spring for a stage 2 tune from SFS there's nothing to separate them IMHO.

What are (or were) you looking for ?

I only ask out of curiosity, and because I was lamenting the fact that I never use my tuned .20 HW95 any more.

It was looking at me very forlornly when I was rummaging in the cabinet today

Mine was formerly Venom tuned, as in, tuned by Venom, back when they were still Venom.

These days there seems to be a lot of guns advertised as 'Venom tuned' because it had an after-market DIY kit fitted; so many guns are advertised as Venom tuned when they aren't - often I'm sure it's not a deliberate attempt to deceive, but sometimes....

Mine now has a Vortek kit installed but still has the old Venom cobra sticker on the cylinder

Anyhoo, I digress.

Will does a superb tune, he's a wonderful character and a true gent with excellent customer service. You could say pretty much exactly the same about Tony though. It might come down to which is closer to you...

Good luck finding what you're looking for - the 95 is a great all-rounder and light enough to carry and shoot all day

EDIT: just to be clear I was referring to Tony Wall from SFS in the above.
    Last edited by Spr1nger; 30-05-2013 at 09:56 PM.