Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HW99 - Sandwell field sports imp.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Well boys I have two new 99's with the revised cocking linkage still in their box's, one in .177 the other .22 here waiting for a tune..when I get time. You can have a play if you want!
    I might have a shoot of the 99 in the girly calibre, if I don't get fixed up with something on wednesday, Dave.

Pete.

Well boys I have two new 99's with the revised cocking linkage still in their box's, one in .177 the other .22 here waiting for a tune..when I get time. You can have a play if you want!
    Awesomeness, we should agree to meet next week, once I get this .177 done I will attack TonyL's if he still is willing.

Do me a favour Dave, check the stocks over, once bitten twice shy

It was about time you and Tony got to grips with one, can't wait to hear of the results

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I have a standard 99..the above comment doesn't surprise me....mine is better than the TX and the 95 I USED to own....now the only springer I have is my 99...

They are really nice guns,
    i'll get a push on silencer when I can.

I'm going to be honest Paul, I have talked to Dave about doing conversions on the 99s, the .22 is easy to tune, hence I want to attack the .177...once its right I will look to get a custom stock together for it.
    Now we have a good base to start from I have a good feeling we could see a really nice rifle from the 99s.

Couple this to my home brew fixed barrel rifle I have in mind we should see a couple of really nice bespoke UK spec guns soon.

Quote Originally Posted by steve m View Post
    solid with grease i supose
    ste
    It says at the top.
    ''Barrel shortened to 10.5, screw cut with stubby HW silencer, and internal tune''

And......at the end if the day the imp is still cheaper than a standard hw97kt which I think is bloody good value considering what extra you get!!

Adam
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

I recently had a demo of this at sfs. Tony placed a 0.177 pellet on the scope turret and fired it, the pellet didn't move. Very little recoil at all.

Tony did mention that he would only be doing it in 0.22 as he was struggling with power with the smaller caliber, I think I remember him saying the 0.177 he built ran at 9.?? Ftllb.

I will be after one of these soon.
    Weihrauch HW95K.22 Weihrauch HW97K.177 Weihrauch HW99s.177
    Weihrauch HW99s.22 IMP
    AirArms S400 classic .177

Strange he's struggling to get power from the. .177.
    Bigtoe got 10.5-11 from my hw50 with a tiny spring and less volume and its the best Springer I've shot

I also have HW 50, which I tuned myself to a bigtoe01 spec and I struggled to get it below 12.8 ft.lbs ( in .22 admitedly). It now runs between 11.1 and 11.5 ,depending on pellet choice, and is smooth and quick to shoot. Folk who have shot it are amazed how good it is, and the hw50 is 30 years old. So the new 99s ought to do 12 ft.lbs easily without being harsh.
    Pete.

I will post results when I finish the .177, the .22 99s is easy to tune, the .177 will not be quite as easy but we will sort it

I already know what it needs from experimenting with short stroke 95's

SFS allowed me to shoot one of these at the midlands gamefair on sunday.

I was initially drawn to how compact it looked, almost like a small rimfire sporting its stubby moderator. I shouldered it and immediately taken by with its lack of mass and nice balance. I'd imagine its a joy to use on an extended hunting session.
    The cocking is extremely light and smooth. Even though you have less leverage on the reduced barrel length (down to 10.5"), you could probably cock it with one finger.
    Trigger was more sensitive than I was expecting but felt nice and positive.
    Ive not shot a springer (or admittedly any air rifle) for a while but I can recollect the sudden "jolt" of my old HW80. This didnt have no defined jolt, just enough to tell you it is spring powered.
    After I put about ten shots down range I reluctantly handed the rifle back to Tony (the chap who took me to the range), who proceeded to place a pellet on top of the scope, then fired the rifle. The pellet bearly moved.

Anyway, I mulled it over in my head to figure out if I really to pay the mortgage this month, or do I really need that spare kidney whilst walking around the relatively poor show this year. I decided I had "needed" the imp.

So Im now a happy owner of a Sandwell Fieldsports HW 99S or "Imp" as its called

Just need some superdomes and a nice slip and I can re-start one of my favourite hobbies after a long, long time away. I cant wait.

Has anyone else bought one of these?

I'm finding it delivers quite a tight grouping with superdomes at the moment of which SFS chronoed the rifle at just under 11.2 ft lbs.

Just as I bring myself to sell off a gun or two (to fund house rennovation) something else pops up to spark my interest! Has anyone got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid View Post
    Strange he's struggling to get power from the. .177.
    Bigtoe got 10.5-11 from my hw50 with a tiny spring and less volume and its the best Springer I've shot
    With a Welsh-Willy kit in situ, my .177 makes 11.45 ft/lbs, and the mainspring appears anorexic.