Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: royal mail have disposed of my co2 pistol for me thanks for nothing royal mail

royal mail have disposed of my co2 pistol for me thanks for nothing royal mail

posted a smith and wesson co2 pistol next day del in july was held held by royal mail as a suspicious item been told today its sent to belfast police for disposal due to its nature/ it was posted to an address in england was sent to various centres for examination and is now being disopsed off? sweet fa i can do it was insured for £500 and cannot claim compensation either royal mail are robbers ill never use em ever again for anything, spent over £80 on postage alone this week with a courier thats half of what royal mail would have charged me/ whos the loser now then pack was sent without co2 or pellets just the pistol with x1 mag be careful and be prepared to take a loss/

royal mail have been a joke for a long time hike up the prices to make more profit before getting sold off privately
    couriers are cheaper and more reliable etc
    cheers steve

That's terrible no wonder its being sold off.

Aw man that's flippin awful

Quote Originally Posted by bigjob View Post
    posted a smith and wesson co2 pistol next day del in july was held held by royal mail as a suspicious item been told today its sent to belfast police for disposal due to its nature/ it was posted to an address in england was sent to various centres for examination and is now being disopsed off? sweet fa i can do it was insured for £500 and cannot claim compensation either royal mail are robbers ill never use em ever again for anything, spent over £80 on postage alone this week with a courier thats half of what royal mail would have charged me/ whos the loser now then pack was sent without co2 or pellets just the pistol with x1 mag be careful and be prepared to take a loss/
    Surely that cant be legal,i would be consulting a solicitor...

Can't you speak to Belfast police Graeme? This sounds wholly unreasonable - what service was it sent by? SD?

im talking to basc now

That's shoking mate hard pill to swallow
    It must have been in breach of there rules was it just standard next day delivery you used.
    As royal mail special delivery will carry any air weapon for sporting use under 610mm
    Which your was being a pistol or parcel force 48 hour.
    This courier carries air guns and insures them its the only one I know who does.
    http://www.awexpress.com/

Not much help now I know but try this courier as I don't know of a single otber one who carries air guns knowingly and insures them.
    Just incase you caught out again.

What!!!! That is a disgrace.
    Nec aspera terrent

HW77k, Dan Wesson 6mm, baikal makerov MP645k

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Please keep us informed.

Bloody Royal Fail :/

What a absolute joke ,there a bunch of clowns , have had goods damaged by RM and they wont admit liability

[QUOTE=valboskie;6108973]That's shoking mate hard pill to swallow
    It must have been in breach of there rules was it just standard next day delivery you used.
    As royal mail special delivery will carry any air weapon for sporting use under 610mm
    Which your was being a pistol or parcel force 48 hour.
    This courier carries air guns and insures them its the only one I know who does.
    http://www.awexpress.com/

Not much help now I know but try this courier as I don't know of a single otber one who carries air guns knowingly and insures them.
    Just incase you caught out again.[/QUOTE
    sent next day been using them for years

Immediatly phone their customer services on 08457 740740 it is clearly permitted under form RMDG1A as a low powered air gun!
    It should have been declared as such and sent as "surface mail only" but as long as when they asked you told them what it was you have broken no rules, problems will/should only occour when senders fail to identify the contents correctly, ie by calling them "sporting goods"

As an aside if all items are sent to Belfast and all airguns in NI require a FAC then surely any airgun will automaticly be an illegal item in the province and will get destroyed, I would think that is a matter that BASC might want to address?
    Last edited by angrybear; 19-09-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Immediatly phone their customer services on 08457 740740 it is clearly permitted under form RMDG1A as a low powered air gun!
    It should have been declared as such and sent as "surface mail only" but as long as when they asked you told them what it was you have broken no rules, problems will/should only occour when senders fail to identify the contents correctly, ie by calling them "sporting goods"

As an aside if all items are sent to Belfast and all airguns in NI require a FAC then surely any airgun will automaticly be an illegal item in the province and will get destroyed, I would think that is a matter that BASC might want to address?

been there done it months ago read them the speil etc just got of the phone yet again spoke to somebody who said you cannot sent firearms through the post they honestly havent got a clue, im classed as a terrorist sending illegal guns to my buddies in the smoke! yeah right! i have now been told they have no contact no for the polics services in ireland so the trail is dead/ out of there hands so to speak i hope basc can help there via there irish branch etc and yes i am a bit concerened about my pistol falling into the wrong hands now the police force is involved

Quote from Royal Mail website

Did you send it to Northern Ireland or has it been sent via Northern Ireland?

The law in Northern Ireland means it is illegal to own a UK power airgun without a FAC and therefore sending them through the post is illegal (indirectly not in compliance with UK law).

Quote from Royal Mail website

Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered air guns and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to applicable export controls on the shipment of firearms. The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

Quote from "Police Service of Northern Ireland"

In Northern Ireland airguns and CO2 guns having a discharge kinetic energy in excess of one (1) Joule (0.737 ft lbs) require to be held on a Firearm Certificate.