I'm doing OK! I'm financially sound!
There is a rumour going about, or chinese whispers, that I can't afford to pay my mortgages and I'm heading for bankrupcy. Not at all true, here is the original story:
My little sister died 2 weeks ago aged 43, which I've taken as a wake up call: we don't last forever. I have 4 properties that are rented out, I've owned them since the early 90s, I can flog one every 5 years and not have to work ever again.
Obviously for me to never work again, I'll need to sell my shop. And it seems that whilst chatting to a customer or two about this, the rumour started. Or maybe when the customer told the next person, the story got a bit juicier.

I should've known better, the same thing happened 5 years ago, property was good (just before the slump), so I placed a post in the for sale section, 'gun shop for sale'. Start my retirement. 3 weeks later a customer came in and said "Surrey Guns said you're going under!"

But in order to sell something, you have to tell people that something is for sale. Or else it won't sell, so it's a catch 22 (or a catch .177).

I'm in no real rush, the shop can be rented, or bought, the adjoining 2 bed flat (on the outskirts of Brighton and Hove) can be bought, there's lots of options for a gunshop/petshop.

Now....don't be such gossips!

(perhaps an Oakie could link this to the Oaks forum)