Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taming the HW80 my way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Dave, me VERY excited and giddy now....Can't wait to see and feel this beast, if I may...and all of those other toys detailed!

Knackered a little for time just now and got to log off, but the OP is brilliant and also some of the further posts added.

EXCELLENT THREAD, will look in later.
    Bloody hell Tony, you took your time sniffing this thread out

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Bloody hell Tony, you took your time sniffing this thread out

Pete

Time, mate. Rather, lack of!

Plus grief off the missus...Wanted to get to the club this morning, but told that I don't spend enough time with the family and shirking my commitments!

Logging off again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've never taken the latch rod out before. How is it held in? I'd like to try short-stroking this way rather than adding length to the piston.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Plus grief off the missus...Wanted to get to the club this morning, but told that I don't spend enough time with the family and shirking my commitments!

Logging off again.
    I know what you mean mate, it is a real problem if you have a family as well, I remember reading some of your old posts about how many days at work you do and the lack of weekends you have at home.

ATB and take care.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I know what you mean mate, it is a real problem if you have a family as well, I remember reading some of your old posts about how many days at work you do and the lack of weekends you have at home.

ATB and take care.

Pete

Cheers for that, Pete.

Yep, work every Saturday and alternate Sundays. The joys of working in the retail motorbike trade!

It does make you really value your time off, though!

Dunno how long it'll be until she starts moaning about going down the club on a Wednesday night....I've managed four in a row, now!

Still not enough time, though. I could really do with coming into enough money so that I could work four days a week. Then I could hopefully get the play / family balance somewhere near right.

Really struggling to find time to play enough......I could REALLY do with the range time. I've only shot at short range at home for years, so re-joining the club has served to highlight how crap a shot I've become! And I need some time to fit my WD spring kit to my 99, the same to my 95, do a lube service on my 98 and Venom 77, as I want at least one or two sorted and fettled before the spring bash.

Might have to chuck in a sickie or two!!!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

very good write up

Lovely stuff!

Well, with lots of revived (again!) interest and love for the HW80, thought I'd ping this up again.
    Last edited by TonyL; 09-03-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Your right there Tone, I have one in this week for the 24 mm treatment👍

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Your right there Tone, I have one in this week for the 24 mm treatment👍
    ha
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Are we saying that the 24mm is the nirvana bore then, peeps, and the best compromise in terms of making the power in the loveliest manner without working its swept volume too hard and the piston weight and sectional density giving the best recoil and surge characteristics?24mm does sound like such a nice, even, balanced number......

Standard stroke, Nick?

Logging off again.
    easy fix tony. i got rid of my mrs and now can buy and play with my guns as much a i want

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    easy fix tony. i got rid of my mrs and now can buy and play with my guns as much a i want
    Mmmm......bearing in mind that post was made about four and a half years ago, Mr Wilba, and much has changed since then. Less hours at work, but a fair few other issues in the meantime. Still don't get to shoot as often as I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Best thing is don't get one in the first place !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Old thread but well worth a read