Thread: no3 titan spring length 177 hw97k?

no3 titan spring length 177 hw97k?

hi,
    does anyone know the optimum length this spring should be when cut and re-finished for.177 97k to achieve around 11.5ft lbs? and also overall length including titan top hat and guide fitted?
    thank you

Spring

If no one has the info on here,phone or email john knibbs at the country store .last time I spoke to mark they had a list of lengths for their springs in most popular rifles.
    Sorry I can't help more .

thanks for the info. I actually bought the bits from them but never thought to ask! didn't know they had a list of lengths.thanks again.

Thumbs up my findings

them there springer's are soooooo addictive

update

Thanks for the link.just noticed it.
    If its any help to anyone as a guide i cut mine to 240mm (overall size after re-finishing)and it was 11.84 ft lbs with aa field.(this produces the most energy in my 97k)
    I have put over 200 pellets through her today and kept checking on the chrony and it seems to have settled nicely at 11.61ft lbs after the first 50ish shots which hovered around 11.8.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldandtarget View Post
    Thanks for the link.just noticed it.
    If its any help to anyone as a guide i cut mine to 240mm (overall size after re-finishing)and it was 11.84 ft lbs with aa field.(this produces the most energy in my 97k)
    I have put over 200 pellets through her today and kept checking on the chrony and it seems to have settled nicely at 11.61ft lbs after the first 50ish shots which hovered around 11.8.
    Good info, cheers for sharing!

Be sure to re-check the power periodically, though, as it may just creep up a little more, mainly depending on whether a new piston seal was employed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi tony,
    Didnt fit a new seal.i sized the original and polished the internals a while ago so very unlikely to get power increase through seal.
    I checked power again this morning(chrony f1 is permanently set up with lighting kit in garage so quick and easy to do checks)and put another 40ish pellets through and no change in power with 7fps max variation.very pleased with result and havnt had to fit any power booster washers.i nibbled half a coil off a time and refinished to get it at correct power(its very easy to take too much off and be left with 10ftlbs when shortening springs)!

Must say while im on about chronoing,its well worth anyone buying a new gun to factor into their budget a decent chronograph,even if it means forgoing the expensive scope and getting a cheaper one for the time being.
    Ive had mine about 10 years and proves invaluable.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by fieldandtarget View Post
    Hi tony,
    Didnt fit a new seal.i sized the original and polished the internals a while ago so very unlikely to get power increase through seal.
    I checked power again this morning(chrony f1 is permanently set up with lighting kit in garage so quick and easy to do checks)and put another 40ish pellets through and no change in power with 7fps max variation.very pleased with result and havnt had to fit any power booster washers.i nibbled half a coil off a time and refinished to get it at correct power(its very easy to take too much off and be left with 10ftlbs when shortening springs)!

Must say while im on about chronoing,its well worth anyone buying a new gun to factor into their budget a decent chronograph,even if it means forgoing the expensive scope and getting a cheaper one for the time being.
    Ive had mine about 10 years and proves invaluable.

Kind regards
    Absolutely agree.

And nice one on the fine tuning!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!