Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tbt drop-in tuning kits

Tbt drop-in tuning kits

Seen these on for £19.99 plus delivery and there's a pretty good video on their website showing fitting on a tx200 air rifle tuning .com

Just wondering how many folk here have heard of/use them and if they would recommend

You'll likely need to chop and re finish spring after fitting, adding a top hat on a spring near legal tends to send em sailing over. The kit is good value, a chambers guide is 20 plus 10 for a top hat, with no spacers

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I ordered one for my Tx200 and am very happy with it.

Great kit, and when I phoned him at 8pm he answered (I won't say what he was watching to save his embarrassment, lets just say these cornish are strange), anyways he help me suss out what I did wrong and didn't laugh when we sorted it.

Top bloke, well worth the money.
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Getting a tx200 next week and just thought this looked too good to be true for the money. Glad a few of you have tried it

Nick 'TBT' is a great bloke

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    A friend just bought one for his HW77 and its made a huge difference.

Very good drop in kits.

Atb Harry.

I bought one of Nicks kits for my 99 a couple of weeks ago, not had chance to fit it yet, but plenty of people have posted glowing reports about them
    Last edited by Trumpetier; 08-05-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Cfed85 View Post
    Seen these on for £19.99 plus delivery and there's a pretty good video on their website showing fitting on a tx200 air rifle tuning .com

Just wondering how many folk here have heard of/use them and if they would recommend
    Where did you buy this please? Looks interesting.
    S

Think I'll get myself one then. They're on e bay but you can buy direct from the website air rifle tuning .com. Also has an installation video on there
    Last edited by Cfed85; 09-05-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfed85 View Post
    Think I'll get myself one then. They're on E8ay but you can buy direct from the website air rifle tuning .com. Also has an installation video on there
    Fixed this for you.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Drop in kit

So called Tuning kits
    Well as above, there’s no such thing.
    Some people sell spring, guide, top hat & seal as a kit but it’s not a “tuning kit” it’s a service kit, nothing more.
    It may be better than the standard internals of a rifle & you would expect it to be for the money but that’s it!
    Some sell just a spring guide & top hat made to fit the manufacturers spring!
    At best a guess; these are just a sales ploy for the uninitiated. Those that know know each guide HAS TO BE MADE TO THE INDIVIDUAL SPRING, so these are just a generalisation so may or may not be an improvement & need to be steered cleared of as a tuning kit!
    By all means buy them for what they are, a synthetic guide & top hat, but nothing more.
    Tuninginvolves a complete re- engineering of the rifle, spring, piston, transfer port, stroke, guides etc, etc. So don’t get lulled into this money making project of “TUNINING”

If you want a rifle tuned send it to Vmac, wonky donky, Bigtoe01 or to a lesser degree SFS but a kit is not tuning!

I 100% agree with burgh308 about these tune up kits, in my spares box for example I have got 4 std TX200 mainsprings all with different inside diameters, 2 HW97 springs different inside diameters, the guides and top hats have to be machined for a proper fit to the spring you are using. At first I think all production guns would feel better for having a degrease and re-lube, I am not slagging the tbt kits off, your gun probably would feel better with one of these kits fitted over standard, but in my opinion, they are not really a tune up kit, a proper tune needs machining work and a proper set up not just the installation of a guide and top hat.

Good luck to him if he's making some money

I'm not under any illusion this is a proper tune up at all. Just simply quoting the listing title so folk would know what I'm on about.

For £20 bucks, if it's a good fit and reduces any noise etc once I've slapped on a bit grease then don't see the harm. Especially for the price.. And if it's not looking good once I've assembled it all I'll send it back for a refund

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I bought one of Nicks kits for my 99 a couple of weeks ago, not had chance to fit it yet, but plenty of people have posted glowing reports about them
    I've seen you try bending plumbing tube,,, god help you
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE