Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Period scope?

Quote Originally Posted by russian sniper View Post
    Hi Doug, thanks a lot for your reply to my post.

I'd just like it to be as it was when it was new with the same type of scope fitted.
    I'll keep an eye out for the makes mentioned!
    Cheers!!

Daz
    Hi Daz, your welcome try and get the optima you been offered on here as I rate them highly and they look nice to suit. I recon around £40 -50 would seem fair
    cheers Doug

2004 means there are a heap of scopes you could put on them. All through the 90's too.
    I have a few Optimas but really consider them pre 1990 scopes though they kept making them for a few more years. The reason is there were better scopes in the 90's. In truth they eventually became quite dated and forever changing the glass.

Suitable would be Simmons WTC's. Or even their diamondmag reticule scope. Early 90's Tasco's (late 90's and they were pretty average if not poor). The Tasco Titan was well made though the European were very classy and better; both 30mm. I like the Prohorns made circa 1990 and the 3-9 x40 is an excellent scope and worth a premium (I have two). I have one with a Stag too which is very nice indeed, circa 1989. There are the very smart Bausch & Lomb if you can find one. Apollo 5 star, and Kassnar which some were better than others... depends on the year. Lots of rebadged stuff.
    BSA, must have had some made, but, just like Webley, there never seemed many about.

Lots to chose from though many are pretty average as every Tom Dick and Harry wanted the business. Pick with care. Jap scopes are usually the better.

Condition is everything. Anything mint, or almost, is worth 3x something obviously used. Watch out for broken crosshairs.

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    AH. Had forgot about the simmons wtc scopes!

Might try and get a 3.5-10x40 or 50....

Looks like i'll be keeping my eyes peeled in the optics section

CHEERS!

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by longman View Post
    What would you say is a fare price an Optima 3-9x40 wide angle
    I payed £60.00 for mine

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Could be interested if thats inc post

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by russian sniper View Post
    Could be interested if thats inc post

Daz
    Sold to you sir ..
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

Sold to you sir ..
    Great cheers!!

ATB
    Daz

Sold to you sir ..
    Obviously not!!!