Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hw30s appreciation society

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Didnt they have that same problem in WWI & WWII ?

Lovely little gun the '30. Mine, a pre safety catch, has been retro fitted with a Rekord unit although the Perfect unit wasn't all that bad.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=43

ATB
    Ian
    Hey, that's nice I.J. It has a little ballbag pistolgrip, like a baby '35. Awww, bless

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Hey, that's nice I.J. It has a little ballbag pistolgrip, like a baby '35. Awww, bless
    Trust you!!

Nice long sight line there, IJ.

Bet it's lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The older HW30 seems to have a longer stroke than the modern one. Also, my old one doesn't seem to suffer gallage.

Side-by-side report as soon as I can be arsed to do it.

Morning lads,
    So, ive read all the very positive comments on the Hw 30. Now my dilemma is as follows.
    For plinking , I use a mid 1950s Bsa Cadet Major .177, lovely sweet gun. I dont really want the same gun in a Weihrauch, so would the HW 99 be a better buy over the HW 30s ?
    I realise im digging a bit of a hole for myself , as the Weihrauch guns are miles ahead in technology over my old Cadet, but , as always, I value the opinions of my more learned shooters . What do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by titan bearcat View Post
    Morning lads,
    So, ive read all the very positive comments on the Hw 30. Now my dilemma is as follows.
    For plinking , I use a mid 1950s Bsa Cadet Major .177, lovely sweet gun. I dont really want the same gun in a Weihrauch, so would the HW 99 be a better buy over the HW 30s ?
    I realise im digging a bit of a hole for myself , as the Weihrauch guns are miles ahead in technology over my old Cadet, but , as always, I value the opinions of my more learned shooters . What do you think ?
    Well if your cadet is a sweet shooting plinker and it's not on its last legs probably better to go for the HW99s,which has more power than the HW30s so it's a bit more versatile but if you decided you wanted less power from an HW99 I suppose you could always put a weaker spring in it.On the other hand if you're only going to plink with it you could always buy an HW30s in the alternative calibre to your Cadet.
    Last edited by Patrick 2; 15-02-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I think it was left cocked because Johnny Foreigner couldn't figure out the safety catch!
    Christ sod that! My ocd would be doing somersaults to even contemplate some customs prat has had his mitts all over it, doing god knows what to it. I think I'd rather pay top rate or look for excellent used to be really honest. Derek

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I've got the best looking HW30S in the country and no, you can't have a look.

The older HW30II has a longer stroke. I'm fitting mine with a Vortek seal and a Rekord, but not before I check the size of the TP...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I've got the best looking HW30S in the country and no, you can't have a look...
    Bet it is the Luxus with the engraved stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I've got the best looking HW30S in the country and no, you can't have a look.
    Go on, bring it to the June Bash!

You KNOW you want to!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Mine finally arrived today. Yay!
    It took a week from Germany, which is odd, when it turned up it was swathed in French customs tape with an opened box. Thats fair enough, I'd rather live in a world where suspicious packages are checked, but the gun was left cocked!

Hey-ho!

I got the one with tru-glo sights, and rather smashing they are too. I spent an hour pushing pellet after pellet into puddles and I absolutely love it! Its currently doing 5.5fpe as its "F" stamped but I'm gonna play with it tomorrow. I have a 99s spring here I could shorten as I would like to get something over 9 as long as the shot cycle doesn't suffer too much.

I'm glad I read all your reviews on it though.
    Keep us informed on what you do to it and how it turns out firing cycle etc ,

Now I've finished my 99 for now I'm gonna be ordering one of these in the next 2 week think I'm also gonna order straight from Germany too ,

How much was it shipped if you don't mind me asking ( pm me if need be ) and did you get it from sportwaffen ,

Cheers ....
    AirgunBBS.com

Nice one, Nick.

And yet another shooter falls for the undoubted charms of this sweet shooting, accurate and oh so very enjoyable little rifle.

For target work and medium range hunting, they're truly awesome. Light and easy to carry and light cocking effort means you can shoot all day and enjoy it.

I've not had either of mine to bits so, sorry, no measurements. One is completely stock and the other, which I got last year from Oldskoolzzz, had been tweaked down by Brucie Boy for indoor targets; that's at about 5.5 and so, so sweet, virtually recoilless!!

Although I've not tried tuning for power myself, I'd say 8.5 to 9 max is where you'd need to be to keep it sweet. It would be nice, as you say, to be able to employ the original spring and space it, but might not be the best solution, more active coils I'd guess would control any piston bounce better. As you say, a cut down 99 spring might do it. Or I wonder if Wonky would have a nice, suitable spring, from thinner diameter wire?

Be very interesting to see how your little tinker develops.

Mine finally arrived today. Yay!
    It took a week from Germany, which is odd, when it turned up it was swathed in French customs tape with an opened box. Thats fair enough, I'd rather live in a world where suspicious packages are checked, but the gun was left cocked!

Hey-ho!

I got the one with tru-glo sights, and rather smashing they are too. I spent an hour pushing pellet after pellet into puddles and I absolutely love it! Its currently doing 5.5fpe as its "F" stamped but I'm gonna play with it tomorrow. I have a 99s spring here I could shorten as I would like to get something over 9 as long as the shot cycle doesn't suffer too much.

I'm glad I read all your reviews on it though.
    hi do you have the web site were you can bi airguns from germany

Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    Although I haven't dealt with any of the Euro dealers personally, the previous owner of the one I bought on Wednesday night bought it from DB of Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    Google Sportwaffen Schneider.