Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana 75 target rifle

Diana 75 target rifle

Hi all
    Could anyone please advise on the price of a second hand diana 75 target rifle?
    The rifle is in average condition and the seals have perished.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Darrenm; 06-03-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenm View Post
    Hi all
    Could anyone please advise on the price of a second hand diana 75 target rifle?
    The rifle is in average condition and the seals have perished.
    Thanks
    £150? £175? It would be worth well over £200 with new seals, I should imagine, although prices on these 10m rifles can be rather variable.

Superb rifles, which shoot as dead as a dead thing. These Giss recoilless marvels are very good value, it seems to me, especially the 'budget' pistols. I think the complexity of servicing them depresses values somewhat, but they were very well made and once they've been serviced properly, can go on for years without attention.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Re

Thanks for your help...
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    £150? £175? It would be worth well over £200 with new seals, I should imagine, although prices on these 10m rifles can be rather variable.

Superb rifles, which shoot as dead as a dead thing. These Giss recoilless marvels are very good value, it seems to me, especially the 'budget' pistols. I think the complexity of servicing them depresses values somewhat, but they were very well made and once they've been serviced properly, can go on for years without attention.

Seals etc

Hi all
    Can anyone give me the part numbers for the serviceable parts needed on this rifle?
    I take it that there's seals, buffers (of which I not sure that they are req) and breech seals, not sure whether I should change the springs (probably only shot 5000 pellets in its life time).
    Any help would be very much apreciated..
    Cheers

Thanks for your help...
    Darren

Great gun, I got a real bargin a few years ago £60.00 would you beleve, its mint but no one wanted old tech so it came to me and is lovded and cherished.

aimless Guest

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Have you checked?

I know its a long shot, but can you guy's check that the ones you have are not the special I'm looking for? ( see other post re Special 75) I can e mail a picture if you think you may have it. I'd pay full price, and a reward of £100 which would cover the rebuild of a replacement!

In its day they were a great rifle, My wifes competition PB with her's in the late70's/early 80's was 384 ex 400 at ten metres. They were/are a bit big physically hence the cut down and modded trigger on hers. She liked it so much she had a replica stock made for her 7.62 rifle and qualified for the final of the Queens prize with that in 1979, thats out there some where as well!

Original/Diana suffered from name snobbery at that time, but they were at least as good as the dominant FWB 300. She did have some problems with it jamming open on cock, and the action was changed at least once by the UK importers when it occured at the British Championships in Cardiff, and either it was again replaced or rebuilt at a German meeting. Shortly after that she changed from the Original and was given a pre production prototype Walther LGR Junior which we still have, but she would love to get her old 75 back as all her early successes were with it.
    Best regards
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Required

Hi guys
    Thanks for all the feed back; I've purchased the 75 for a little more than I wanted to pay and decided to attempt to service it myself, can anyone advise the part numbers, description and amounts for the parts required for a full service.
    Difficult to see on the exploded views and I have tried calling the German supliers without reply...
    Any help woul be very much apreciated
    Many thanks in advance
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I know its a long shot, but can you guy's check that the ones you have are not the special I'm looking for? ( see other post re Special 75) I can e mail a picture if you think you may have it. I'd pay full price, and a reward of £100 which would cover the rebuild of a replacement!

In its day they were a great rifle, My wifes competition PB with her's in the late70's/early 80's was 384 ex 400 at ten metres. They were/are a bit big physically hence the cut down and modded trigger on hers. She liked it so much she had a replica stock made for her 7.62 rifle and qualified for the final of the Queens prize with that in 1979, thats out there some where as well!

Original/Diana suffered from name snobbery at that time, but they were at least as good as the dominant FWB 300. She did have some problems with it jamming open on cock, and the action was changed at least once by the UK importers when it occured at the British Championships in Cardiff, and either it was again replaced or rebuilt at a German meeting. Shortly after that she changed from the Original and was given a pre production prototype Walther LGR Junior which we still have, but she would love to get her old 75 back as all her early successes were with it.
    Best regards
    Robin

... and decided to attempt to service it myself, can anyone advise the part numbers, description and amounts for the parts required for a full service.
    Difficult to see on the exploded views ...
    You can remove the springs, all three, for inspection without full disassembly. Although given the cost of the service kit I'd just replace them (if I was doing it, which I'm not/wouldn't ).

Service kit from WaffenCentre contains all that's required for a regular service:
    -3 x mainsprings
    -1x breech seal
    -1x Piston seal (Luftkolbenmanschette) that's the front one that provides compression,
    1x Compensation seal (Leerkolbenmanschette), that's the rear chamfered one which fits on the rear half of the piston and travels backwards during firing.

There's a host of links and disassembly info in this excellent thread if you are determined to do it. Take photos as you go along to aid reassembly and remember it's critical to get the pistons/pinion wheels correctly positioned along with the rear guide spacing/compensation washers.

Good luck and let us know how you get on...

Re

Thanks for your quick reply; your making me nervous now, I would love to do it though.
    I was hoping it would be relatively easy to do once started, like the other projects I've done..
    I think I' ll sleep on it prior to deciding what to do..
    Once again..thanks for your help.
    Atvb
    Darren

QUOTE=18 Wheeler;6649924]You can remove the springs, all three, for inspection without full disassembly. Although given the cost of the service kit I'd just replace them (if I was doing it, which I'm not/wouldn't ).

Service kit from WaffenCentre contains all that's required for a regular service:
    -3 x mainsprings
    -1x breech seal
    -1x Piston seal (Luftkolbenmanschette) that's the front one that provides compression,
    1x Compensation seal (Leerkolbenmanschette), that's the rear chamfered one which fits on the rear half of the piston and travels backwards during firing.

There's a host of links and disassembly info in this excellent thread if you are determined to do it. Take photos as you go along to aid reassembly and remember it's critical to get the pistons/pinion wheels correctly positioned along with the rear guide spacing/compensation washers.

Good luck and let us know how you get on...[/QUOTE]

Love my 75, a very underated match rifle thats still up there with the best even today,

Service

Find Dave mercer DM80 on here and ask him to service it. Highly recomended & a great gunsmith.

Thanks Steve

The ironic thing is that I purchased this rifle off a guy I sold it to over 20yrs ago, he never used it...
    It's in an old wooden case, with a pellet sizer, glove, eye shield and all the different sight attachments, and all it needs is new seals.
    I shot bell target for 12 yrs for the Warley air legue with my father; pitty it isn't as popular, it was a great pass time.
    Looks like setting up a bell target in my garage.
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by kemik View Post
    Find Dave mercer DM80 on here and ask him to service it. Highly recomended & a great gunsmith.

Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Darrenm; 27-03-2015 at 11:04 PM.

I bought a Model 75 HV from somebody who bought it from new when they first came out but never shot it - except the once - just before sending it to me!!

The seals had rotted and that first shot caused a lot of problems as the decayed plastic seals were crushed and compacted into solid lumps that needed to dug-out - even though this rifle had only ever had the one pellet put through it ( not exactly through it - just wedged in the barrel)

Dave Mercer took on the task of cleaning out the internals and rebuilding it for me and made a superb job of it.

I later bought an old and seized Model 75 ( for £30.00) that myself and John Gould stripped and rebuilt. It took a long time and we had the metal re-blued and I stripped and re-finished the stock but the rifle worked and looked good again when it was finished and is still shooting well - so it can be done at home OK - but an acknowledged Giss expert like Dave is highly recommended by myself and can save many hours of stress
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The ironic thing is that I purchased this rifle off a guy I sold it to over 20yrs ago, he never used it...
    It's in an old wooden case, with a pellet sizer, glove, eye shield and all the different sight attachments, and all it needs is new seals.
    I shot bell target for 12 yrs for the Warley air legue with my father; pitty it isn't as popular, it was a great pass time.
    Looks like setting up a bell target in my garage.
    Daz
    Hi Daz there was a article in 3 parts in the Airgunner mags about servicing the 75 step by step guide with photos, if you pm me your address l will cut them out and send them to you.