Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall/ Whalley Crosmman 761XL

Marshall/ Whalley Crosmman 761XL

Ok I saw these in AGW back has an impresionable 14 year old in 1979/80. At £95.00 no way could I have one well many years latter I got a nice one of Draftsmann in .177. I payed a good price but after a few weeks it wouldnt pump, got that sortrd thanks to Brutuz and Welsh Willi. Now my question, old Rod Lynton hypded the bloody thing to hell ( he was involvded in the company(whalleys) selling them) in AGW, conflict of intrest there methinks. , its not the awesome rifle it was made out to be, It locks up if used in quick succession, I get 2 shoots for my efforts, both just under 11.2 first and 11 for second with Accupels. Now how many are left how many were made/ sold. Not evreyones cup of tea but I like them.

Damn, I cant be the only one with one of these can I

Check out this thread here. Pay particular attention to posts 5 & 7 by Baz You can see why they're not very popular
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Check out this thread here. Pay particular attention to posts 5 & 7 by Baz You can see why they're not very popular
    yes thanks on that , had been told has much by Baz, that probbably explains it a lot, hype again it seems
    Last edited by fatttmannn; 23-04-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    yes thanks on that , had been told has much by Baz, that probbably explains it a lot, hype again it seems
    I wouldn't call it hype, I'd call it bullshite

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    I wouldn't call it hype, I'd call it bullshite
    I was trying to be polite, but your 100% right.

I was trying to be polite, but your 100% right.
    If it's true, it's pretty disgusting actually. People would have shelled out good, hard earned money after reading that review.

Ok I saw these in AGW back has an impresionable 14 year old in 1979/80...
    Another one from the archive, and the contemporary Crosman ad showing the rifle from which it was spawned.

"This gun will out-perform any other sporting air rifle available", depends on your notion of "outperform" I guess?
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 25-04-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Another one from the archive, and the contemporary Crosman ad showing the rifle from which it was spawned.

"This gun will out-perform any other sporting air rifle available", depends on your notion of "outperform" I guess?
    hype is nothing new it seems thanks for your inputt.

[QUOTE=jeff0100;6673265]If it's true, it's pretty disgusting actually. People would have shelled out good, hard earned money after reading that review. [/QUOTE yes it was a bit of a rip -off when you think of it good free advertising mind:eek a nice earner mind twice. Once from the article and twice from a cut in any sales have to admire his balls wonder what hes doing know probbably a banker makeing million s in the city then not paying tax or hideing it offshore

wonder what hes doing know probbably a banker makeing million s in the city then not paying tax or hideing it offshore
    No he isn't Dave --- he went back to his music :-

http://www.discogs.com/artist/923382-Rod-Lynton

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    No he isn't Dave --- he went back to his music :-

http://www.discogs.com/artist/923382-Rod-Lynton

All the best Mick
    thanks Mick, makes me think of the Disc-jokies ala smashie and nicey from harry enfeild and paul whitehouse poptastic , not half!!!

Wonder if Rod Lynton still has his Whalley Crosman?

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Wonder if Rod Lynton still has his Whalley Crosman?
    maybe someone who knows him could ask and ask was he on something when he did the tests or his "famous"articles of hitting a crow out of a tree at 90plus yards with a Webley Osprey etc My late Uncle Den who was cracking shot and had seen service in Korea provded that to me when we put a metal crow target at the said range and he provded the doubt of the article he hit the target five out of five but not one of those shoots would have been a killing shoot at that range. I then learnt to use feild craft and shadows to get close in to the target and insure my rifle ( bsa Meteor in .22) was delivering a knock down one shot clean kill at a sensable ( not absurd) range. and more importantly realise that Rod Lynton was a serial fantasist or a bit of a sadistic B.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post

yes I often wonder how they wernt done for false advertising maybe the legislation didnt exist then