Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall/ Whalley Crosmman 761XL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marshall/ Whalley Crosmman 761XL

Ok I saw these in AGW back has an impresionable 14 year old in 1979/80. At £95.00 no way could I have one well many years latter I got a nice one of Draftsmann in .177. I payed a good price but after a few weeks it wouldnt pump, got that sortrd thanks to Brutuz and Welsh Willi. Now my question, old Rod Lynton hypded the bloody thing to hell ( he was involvded in the company(whalleys) selling them) in AGW, conflict of intrest there methinks. , its not the awesome rifle it was made out to be, It locks up if used in quick succession, I get 2 shoots for my efforts, both just under 11.2 first and 11 for second with Accupels. Now how many are left how many were made/ sold. Not evreyones cup of tea but I like them.

Damn, I cant be the only one with one of these can I

Check out this thread here. Pay particular attention to posts 5 & 7 by Baz You can see why they're not very popular
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Check out this thread here. Pay particular attention to posts 5 & 7 by Baz You can see why they're not very popular
    yes thanks on that , had been told has much by Baz, that probbably explains it a lot, hype again it seems
    Last edited by fatttmannn; 23-04-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    yes thanks on that , had been told has much by Baz, that probbably explains it a lot, hype again it seems
    I wouldn't call it hype, I'd call it bullshite
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    I wouldn't call it hype, I'd call it bullshite
    I was trying to be polite, but your 100% right.

Ok I saw these in AGW back has an impresionable 14 year old in 1979/80...
    Another one from the archive, and the contemporary Crosman ad showing the rifle from which it was spawned.

"This gun will out-perform any other sporting air rifle available", depends on your notion of "outperform" I guess?
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 25-04-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Another one from the archive, and the contemporary Crosman ad showing the rifle from which it was spawned.

"This gun will out-perform any other sporting air rifle available", depends on your notion of "outperform" I guess?
    hype is nothing new it seems thanks for your inputt.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post

yes I often wonder how they wernt done for false advertising maybe the legislation didnt exist then

So dose any one know, how many were made/sold and how many are left in working order is mine the only one

I remember looking at them and thinking nice bit of kit , never got round to owning one but did eventually purchase a Crosman model 1 in .22 now that was a a good rifle

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by game getter View Post
    I remember looking at them and thinking nice bit of kit , never got round to owning one but did eventually purchase a Crosman model 1 in .22 now that was a a good rifle

Mike
    yes Mike agree, I have one myself.

Not the only one

So dose any one know, how many were made/sold and how many are left in working order is mine the only one
    I own a Whaley Crossman so you are not alone. I have not used it very much so is in good condition but power is around 10.5 for first shot and 10 for the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno_7 View Post
    I own a Whaley Crossman so you are not alone. I have not used it very much so is in good condition but power is around 10.5 for first shot and 10 for the second.
    well thats good to know theres 2 of them left then

Red face Whaley Crossman

Ok I saw these in AGW back has an impresionable 14 year old in 1979/80. At £95.00 no way could I have one well many years latter I got a nice one of Draftsmann in .177. I payed a good price but after a few weeks it wouldnt pump, got that sortrd thanks to Brutuz and Welsh Willi. Now my question, old Rod Lynton hypded the bloody thing to hell ( he was involvded in the company(whalleys) selling them) in AGW, conflict of intrest there methinks. , its not the awesome rifle it was made out to be, It locks up if used in quick succession, I get 2 shoots for my efforts, both just under 11.2 first and 11 for second with Accupels. Now how many are left how many were made/ sold. Not evreyones cup of tea but I like them.
    I don't know how many are left but I own one. I also get 2 shots but both are under 11. I have no idea how many were sold or why Whaley went out of business.