Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Weihrauch's

Chinese Weihrauch's

Just picked this up off weihrauch facebook forum.. Just read on UKCAF "To meet current high demands, Weihrauch have contracted Shaoxing Snow Peak to produce the HW95 and HW97. The first production run of the new SPA HW95 and SPA HW97 - due next spring/summer - will be FAC-rated for the US market and likely distributed by Pyramyd Air. Expect the sub-12 ft/lb variety to hit UK dealers sometime in 2017. Surprising to say the least.

Tragic, if true. That's even worse than BSA springers being made in Spain. Is this genuine? I thought the Germans had more respect for manufacturing than we did.

I wouldn't buy one. I don't particularly like Weirauchs anyway, but certainly would not buy one made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Tragic, if true. That's even worse than BSA springers being made in Spain. Is this genuine? I thought the Germans had more respect for manufacturing than we did.

I wouldn't buy one. I don't particularly like Weirauchs anyway, but certainly would not buy one made in China.
    Unfortunately it could be true - Some BMW motorcycles / parts are being made in China.

Im reluctant to buy any new HW since they decided to write the workshop manual on the cylinder. The exception to this is a new HW30S because nothing else fitted the criteria - light, accurate (Williams sports peep zeroed at 10m) with a great trigger (once modified ).
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Not everything manufactured in China is garbage.

There are a good number of companies which choose to have parts manufactured in china and shipped back to the UK (or wherever) for final work.

The bigger issues is these manufacturers are usually very lax about the idea of security. The blueprints and schematics tend to wander off and land in the factory opposite being produced with no quality control and sold for a fraction of the price.

Non the less it is still very disappointing to hear. though given the stock on my HW97k it already feels like a cheap nockoff, forend is asymetrical.

Though nothing wrong with Chinese guns,I suppose weihrauch will find that demand will drop if they do, so they won't need to go to china no more but the damage will be done. It will be like the Swiss watch market only a fairly low % of the watch has to be Swiss made to be classed as Swiss made, which knocks confidence in the brand. The same will happen with weihrauch, you won't know which bits are German , Chinese etc

Wonder when was the last time you checked which items in your house were made in China...

TV, Iphone, bits of your car...

Made in China is meaningless, it's the standards that the items are built to that are important. China is a massive country and you will find manufacturers making products to any standards desired, from junk to the very highest of quality.

Cannondales (an upscale-ish bike brand) used to be "proudly made in the USA"

Complete with bird-poop welding subsequently ground down and smoothed with filler, never quite geometrically correct frames resulting in problems such as premature bearing failure, etc etc. And the price...

Production now in Taiwan. Welding any engineer would be proud of, indeed a shame to paint, even, and everything sorted.

IMHO Diana cut corners in order to survive, HW tend to keep things basic, much rather they made better nicer guns in China than boring cheaply made guns in Germany.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

A real shame if it is true, I would have thought the HW marketing strategy would have been better served building on the German engineering pedigree and a high value product rather than mass production. A supply slightly less than demand never did a reputation any harm and it will be interesting to see how they are priced with production costs in China probably at least 50% lower than Germany.
    Regards,
    Dave.

As long as there built to the same standard with quality materials I don't see a problem...

From a heritage point of view it is a shame but like most mass manufactured products, getting them made by China makes sense in both cost and output..

Not all things made in China are sh*te, they also make a lot of high end quality stuff. I am sure the Germans will have chose a capable manufacturer so as not to put the brand at risk..

That's it, final proof that civilization is at an end, I'm off now to slash my wrists, farewell cruel world .

i'm working on a hw95 at the moment,i have also worked on a lot of chinese rifles.quality wise the hw i'm working on is nowhere near some of the chinese i have worked on.the manufacturing faults on this 95 are many and varied,it is utter rubbish.

how many forum members have an apple product?,did the fact that most of their products are made in china influence your decision to buy?

A good platform for a Chinese Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20, no doubt.

Matt

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    the run down the slippery slope starts!

china production

Alot of production made in china is better quality than made in europe, no one likes that made in china label, but when nikon, canon, samsung, Puma knives, etc,manufacture there, big companies dont take risks without assessing them first, they build their own fighter jets inc engines, and under russian licensing agreements, when there's adequate quality control, its up there with the best, except the label made in china has history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    A good platform for a Chinese Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20, no doubt.

Matt
    If anyone knows where this mythical scope can be purchased please let me know, i'm keen to put one next to my original.....

On topic: my family have bought Weihrauch for over 45 years, i have faith for now that the rifles they have manufactured in china will be 100% identical to the german made ones.

And if they're not, at least my collection will go up in value