Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk ll service. Shame

Mk ll service. Shame

On fleabuy in bits

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    On fleabuy in bits
    Hi, I have to say I am not surprised !

A Webley Mk 3 rear sight sold for £50,
    A Webley Mk 3 Stock ( With a split ) sold for £53 , Both + Post.

In the same vein , A set of Metal Bsa sights are on there with a period scope for £175 !!!!!!!!!
    Whilst the above might be optimistic , Some items do sell.

Ged.

Up to £160 already for the barrel, pity its a .177, its a .22 barrel I am after.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    On fleabuy in bits
    Cheers for the heads up.

The parts I need for the one I've just collected are currently running at £11.50

All the best Mick

Be interesting in seeing what he gets for all the parts as opposed to the value of the rifle if it was sold as a complete working model.

The barrel alone is currently at £205 ,remind me to dismantle any collectable in future.

A real shame Mo chara !

What a shame I agree ...I have never been tempted to dismantle - yet I understand that many today and here on this forum will always expect a 'bargain' ....to the detriment of courtesy and sense .
    When talking about one of the most iconic airguns in the historical airgun scene , one would expect to see a fair value on even a rough 'scrapper' - for restoration please - as we are all agreed that no matter how rough , I only use this term to denote condition - not to actually dismantle .
    When I see high (too high ? ) £££ figures for good examples , then even a poor condition one should be appreciated better . But No . And this is the outcome .

Currently £385 for all the Service parts with just over a day to go.

Even with the 10% final sale fees and pp charges he should do ok

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Think of it on the lines of one rifle has given a new lease of life to many rifles and will hopefully ensure they survive a lot more years and continue giving pleasure!
    For the record, I personally don't/wouldn't split a rifle this way myself - but I wouldn't condemn it. Having bought secondhand spares has helped me to give needy old rifles a new lease of life!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Service

I think there will be a good few people after the bits , and the stock is certainly nicer , but it appears to have been a good user to start with .

Running total £425-25 with 7hrs 40mins to go.

so what is the going rate for a service rifle barrel ? at this rate i might be better off
    buying a rifle, keeping the barrel and chucking the rest in the bin. i notice that even
    knibbs barrels are £250.00 now and i don't think he's got any anyway. certainly noone
    got back to me when i enquired about one. has anyone got a .177 barrel they'd like
    to sell me at a sensible rate ?

Quote Originally Posted by j_potter View Post
    so what is the going rate for a service rifle barrel ? at this rate i might be better off
    buying a rifle, keeping the barrel and chucking the rest in the bin. i notice that even
    knibbs barrels are £250.00 now and i don't think he's got any anyway. certainly noone
    got back to me when i enquired about one. has anyone got a .177 barrel they'd like
    to sell me at a sensible rate ?
    Hi, this was a while ago.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hlight=gedfinn

I still have the 586 complete,
    I was referring to the Service barrels, !
    I made a couple of these about 8-10 years ago, I think they sold at £120 ish, ( I should have made 50 maybe )
    Maybe still some Pics in the search bit.

From memory , They were machined & Milled to insert a silver soldered piece ? The full length barrel blanks with the required width were around £70 , I even stamped them, I seem to remember all were .25.
    Ged.

£336 for a barrel!!!! Bloody hell! And a reblue at that!

The trigger block and sear only made £17 +post, and the rear sights made £122, which I thought was reasonable, although I had expected them to fetch more.