Thread: PP700W Trigger Job

PP700W Trigger Job

I bought one of these pistols last Saturday and had a play with it on Sunday. One thing I noticed was the trigger was a bit creepy so I decided to strip it and polish the sears. The trigger is a much better mechanism than on the CP1 Co2 pistol, but where parts have to slide over each other it could do with some polishing.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskrunuVW

It is quite easy to get at the trigger, one bolt in the base of the grip and two smaller screws into the side of the grip at the top which retain two metal plates, The hammer spring assembly is held on with four screws and the trigger guard is held on with three screws. The trigger parts are now held in place with four pins which can easily be pushed out by hand. The trigger and the transfer bar have small springs.

In the pictures I have arranged the trigger parts on their pins on top of the pistol so you can see how it goes together. I lightly polished the transfer bar where the trigger acts on it, the flat nose of the sear and the flat face of the C shaped sear.
    I lightly greased the mating parts and resembled it. The trigger screw needed slight adjustment to hold securely, but now the trigger is 100 times better with no creep and quite a clean break. Not up to match pistol standards but then again its much cheaper and not a match pistol.

I have not had a chance to do some proper accuracy tests but I got about 60 shots from a fill but the power is not that consistent.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I have found a maximum of 15 ft/sec variation over 90 shots mate at around 5.5 f.p.e.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.