Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Theoben Valuation

Another Theoben Valuation

Gents,
    Following on from a recent valuation request for a Theoben SLR98 I would appreciate your thoughts on the value of an excellent condition .22 Fenman. Ambidextrous stock, Theoben moderator with Vortex tip. I would say it is as close to mint as you could expect to find
    A big thanks to the members who passed comment on the SLR. It sold immediately for the top end of the valuation and to be honest I could have sold it at least six times over, such was the interest

I was on the theoben gas ram group on Facebook. they seemed to sell pretty quick on there.

get your valuation off here though. they might give a low valuation on there just to get the sale .

I would say £350.00-£400.00
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

if it is truly a minter, has the original fixed mounts, and the Hyeuda stock I'd say £375 to £400.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Assuming it's a standard stock, not a Hydeua/Profile, and that your definition of excellent is the same as mine, then something in the region of £275-350.

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    if it is truly a minter, has the original fixed mounts, and the Hyeuda stock I'd say £375 to £400.
    Would this gun still hold it's own against new guns of a similar price? I'm thinking about getting one.
    How do they compare with the Impact RM100.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Would this gun still hold it's own against new guns of a similar price? I'm thinking about getting one.
    How do they compare with the Impact RM100.
    Much better build quality than new rifles. They are forgiving to shoot as the lock-time is ultra quick and very pointable.
    Maybe the best self-contained sub 12 ft llb hunting rifle?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

£350

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Gents,
    How do I confirm the type of wood on the stock. It doesn't look like walnut but looks every bit as good if not better. It is certainly better quality than beech. What are the characteristics of Hyedua

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Gents,
    How do I confirm the type of wood on the stock. It doesn't look like walnut but looks every bit as good if not better. It is certainly better quality than beech. What are the characteristics of Hyedua
    I'd say it's the default wood for most Theobens.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Gents,
    whip the recoil pad off and you may see bare wood under it. These are my evolution and hw99s stocks with the recoil pad off. The hw99s is the one with reddish dye on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00s10fqanx...24741.jpg?dl=0

Both beech stocks
    Last edited by bighit; 11-04-2017 at 09:55 PM.

To be honest buying an air rifle fitted with a Hyeuda stock is akin to buying an ash tray made from ivory(immoral)
    Hyeuda is now a protected wood stock as the North African forests it came from have now been decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    To be honest buying an air rifle fitted with a Hyeuda stock is akin to buying an ash tray made from ivory(immoral)
    Hyeuda is now a protected wood stock as the North African forests it came from have now been decimated.
    Any idea how I can identify if I have an immoral stock on my rifle. Is the grain different to other woods. Is it similar to walnut or beech?

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    What would you rather we do, burn em?

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    What would you rather we do, burn em?
    replant it?