Thread: Latest re: Steyr LP50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Correct. And in Section 3 (b) it excepts the requirement to hold a firearms certificate.
    It does indeed - it's so much better to be able to quote the actual statute law than to just make stuff up isn't it

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    It does indeed - it's so much better to be able to quote the actual statute law than to just make stuff up isn't it
    What about an air shotgun ? Is that SGC or FAC ? Is it subject to the 3 shot limit ? What if it doesn't actually chamber the load of shot in "semi" mode but just "blows" it down the the barrel ? Can I have a full auto air shotgun if it just blows the load from the mag ? What if it was less than 12 FP ? Could I legally have a sawn off version if under 6 FP ?

Sorry, have I wandered off track ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    What about an air shotgun ? Is that SGC or FAC ? Is it subject to the 3 shot limit ? What if it doesn't actually chamber the load of shot in "semi" mode but just "blows" it down the the barrel ? Can I have a full auto air shotgun if it just blows the load from the mag ? What if it was less than 12 FP ? Could I legally have a sawn off version if under 6 FP ?

Sorry, have I wandered off track ?
    Jon

That's actually quite a laugh, years ago I wanted a Crosman 1100 which is a .38 CO2 smoothbore built for firing special shot cartridges

Linky

Another Linky

Its quite pokey for an airgun and with a solid lead ball its about 30ft/ibs so I asked to add it to my firearms cert....

That opened a whole new can of worms as there is no category in the firearms act for gas powered smooth bore shotguns and no-one up to and including the Home Office could advise what to licence it as so in the end I just gave up, I'd still like one and if anyone has actually managed to licence one here I'd really appreciate an email as to how it appears on their FAC?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Jon

That's actually quite a laugh, years ago I wanted a Crosman 1100 which is a .38 CO2 smoothbore built for firing special shot cartridges

Its quite pokey for an airgun and with a solid lead ball its about 30ft/ibs so I asked to add it to my firearms cert....

That opened a whole new can of worms as there is no category in the firearms act for gas powered smooth bore shotguns and no-one up to and including the Home Office could advise what to licence it as so in the end I just gave up, I'd still like one and if anyone has actually managed to licence one here I'd really appreciate an email as to how it appears on their FAC?
    post hers but no definite answer http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....it-legal-in-uk