Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
You are missing the fact that others are as capable of reading the written word as you are.

You are also trying to apply your own definition of what constitutes a firearm (i.e. anything requiring a certificate) whereas you should be using the definitions in the relevant legislation, especially given the importance of your role in the legislative system.
Hmmmmmmmmm.

I have to say that thus far my role in the legislative system has only been tried by -

1. firearms that really ARE the terble banned handguns of the kind that we lost back in '97.

2. firearms of the kind that have been prohibited in UK since the mid-1920s - ie, the Thompson SMG, the German Erma MP38, the MAC10, the Skorpion and so on.

3. replications of any of the above that are indistinguishable from the real thing at VERY close proximity - pellet-firing, Airsoft, some ornamental cigarette lighters.

4. gun-like objects that appear to be guns to the untrained/unfamiliar eyeball [as in most of the above, TTTT]

5. 'revived' de-acts, converted blank-firers or Brocock revolvers and pistols.

I have to admit that I've never encountered anybody using a £1500 Olympic-style air pistol to facilitate the commission of a crime.

Call me a pedant, but if it's called a firearm, then according to that it has to have a firearms certificate.

You are saying that it can STILL be a firearm, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it needs a firearms certificate?

That does not make much, if any, sense.

tac