View Poll Results: Considering my pros/cons for each, which of these 3 rifles would you buy?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • BSA R10SE Super Carbine

8 33.33%
  • Weihrauch HW110

8 33.33%
  • Air Arms S510K

8 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another 'which rifle' thread...

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I am sure that if HW never offer a single shot adapter someone else will.
    Hopefully Rowan Engineering (or someone) might see fit to do one...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Well, as ever I've managed to have a spanner chucked in the works...

I've found a mint condition one owner rifle combo (with half decent scope) at a local dealer, which is now 'on hold' for me. It's from the Air Arms stable too; enter my '4th choice' and likely winner...

Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter.

See, I said at the start I'd no doubt end up going for none of the above
    Last edited by Hellequin; 06-09-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post

Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter.

See, I said at the start I'd no doubt end up going for none of the above
    I would argue that it is one of the above.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I would argue that it is one of the above.
    You're right, although it certainly feels nowt like a standard S510 to me. Slightly heavier but still well balanced, but it's that adjustable stock that really makes it for me. It's the first time I've picked one up so I'll be spending a bit more than 5 mins on my next visit to get more of a feel for it, but I can't see me changing my mind; if felt right and what's more, the price is good too.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

You're right, although it certainly feels nowt like a standard S510 to me. Slightly heavier but still well balanced, but it's that adjustable stock that really makes it for me. It's the first time I've picked one up so I'll be spending a bit more than 5 mins on my next visit to get more of a feel for it, but I can't see me changing my mind; if felt right and what's more, the price is good too.
    One thing that came up at the bash with transporters ultimate sporter was how awkward the single shot loader was because it is left-hand feed only. I like to single feed from the right personally as it's on the same side as the bolt hand, it might also be a pain if you use a large side wheel on your scope as you can't change the side the mag goes in. Seems like poor thinking to me..
    ATB
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

secretagentmole Guest
    Why not buy the best PCP that BSA ever made?

The Super 10. I know of a few for sale that have been refurbished (ie a friend buys old ones, does them up, tunes them and then sells them)...

Have you shot any of these rifles?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    One thing that came up at the bash with transporters ultimate sporter was how awkward the single shot loader was because it is left-hand feed only. I like to single feed from the right personally as it's on the same side as the bolt hand, it might also be a pain if you use a large side wheel on your scope as you can't change the side the mag goes in. Seems like poor thinking to me..
    ATB
    Rhys
    That makes sense I suppose Rhys, although I never had a SS adaptor for my last S510. I did have one on a HW100 though (the gadget that flips the loading port out to the side) but I can't remember which bloody side it was now!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Why not buy the best PCP that BSA ever made?

The Super 10. I know of a few for sale that have been refurbished (ie a friend buys old ones, does them up, tunes them and then sells them)...
    I do love S10's, especially the Mk3 carbine... Might be an option but I always preferred them in .22 cal.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

That makes sense I suppose Rhys, although I never had a SS adaptor for my last S510. I did have one on a HW100 though (the gadget that flips the loading port out to the side) but I can't remember which bloody side it was now!
    I think it goes to the right but I may be wrong....
    To be fair, the BSA is lefty load too..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I'm a big fan of the S510 but I have got a reg. fitted. Makes a good rifle better.
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

Hw110 out of the three and i have had the other two as well but my HW110 is something else

If i voted in your pole ,HW110 would be out in front

secretagentmole Guest
    I do love S10's, especially the Mk3 carbine... Might be an option but I always preferred them in .22 cal.
    He has one mk 3 carbine in .22 I know of for sale, if interested PM me and I will pass his details on to you! Simple to get to though, head for Doncaster, turn right at A1, follow to Newark and take A17....

Hw110

Phoned my regular gun shop recently to ask for a price on a new HW110 and the gunsmith's opinion of the rifle. He advised against me buying one until they have sorted the cocking/indexing problems. They have sent quite a few back to Hull Cartridge for repair and still have customers bringing guns back. He said the problem seems to show after some use, in some cases up to 9 or 10 months old. Has anyone who owns one on here encountered the same problem