Thread: Gamo Coyote

Gamo Coyote

Hi all,

Whilst getting some Winchester subs at the Gun shop yesterday I took a spy at a Gamo Coyote Synthetic stock pcp on the shelf.
    It doesn't seem a bad rifle and the wooden stocked version looks okay too but over all looks a bit basic and cheap but then again it is, before someone bites my head off its not a bad thing it's cheap

Just wondered what people who have one thought of them?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

secretagentmole Guest

I know

It is a Scorpion SE I think, only with a Gamo trigger.

The synthetic stock is easier to handle than the wooden stock which is meant for gorillas or basketball players. It is built in Birmingham too! BSA magazine, barrel, uses the new BSA fill probe, it is a BSA.

I know, I have one, they are nice guns. Accurate, hammer is a bit loud, but not too bad, a nice little PCP.

I've not heard anything bad about these.
    Rather overshadowed at launch by Rotex 8.

I've had one for a couple of years now, bit basic on the design side, but can be tweaked with anti hammer bounce/spring stop mods to be a nice gun, add a regulator to it as well and my shot count is over 120 for a 200bar fill, the trigger can also be modded to be a little better, the barrels are OK and fairly accurate, but not the best, heavy gun though and not ideal for hunting.

Last edited by Tricky-Ricky; 02-10-2017 at 11:18 AM.

I had one, matched shot for shot £800 guns, should never had got rid of it...
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!

coyote

We have two as club guns, used every week, had thousands of pellets through them never missed a beat and had them since 2014. Accurate reliable and cheap what more could you want.

That's good to hear.

Thanks for your thoughts to everyone who replied to the thread, it seems these are a pretty good bit of kit. I thought Gamo was trying to muscle in on the pcp scene and didn't realise it's basically a BSA!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P

Gamo own BSA, but:
    The Coyote isn't actually identical to the Birmingham made PCP's from the BSA factory so comparisons with the Ultra and Scorpion aren't fair, the rifle valving, hammer assembly and trigger is completely different.
    The Gamo Coyote and its variants are very much a step down from the Brummie tackle, I know I've worked on quite a few. They are a rifle that is built to a price giving perfectly acceptable performance but slightly cheaper to manufacture than the BSA's, just about the only common parts being the fill probe, magazine and a few O rings. The quickfill assembly is very similar to that used by BSA on the Goldstar SE (PCP) model, but with a different thread if memory serves correctly, I haven't got one at hand to measure, the thread on the Goldstar assembly is 25x1mm if anyone has a coyote quickfill valve block they can measure to confirm/deny?
    They do have good barrels (so far from the ones I have seen), they are reliable, they seem to be well enough designed and made to last a good few years of use, probably decades if cared for correctly and re-sealed occasionally.
    After market regulators can be fitted giving an improved shot count with pretty low muzzle velocity variation from full (232Bar) to refill (depends on calibre and regulator as to where the refill point will be).
    The factory fitted silencers (Phox model) are awful.
    I am not connected to either Gamo or BSA in any way.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    Gamo own BSA, but:
    The Coyote isn't actually identical to the Birmingham made PCP's from the BSA factory so comparisons with the Ultra and Scorpion aren't fair, the rifle valving, hammer assembly and trigger is completely different.
    The Gamo Coyote and its variants are very much a step down from the Brummie tackle, I know I've worked on quite a few. They are a rifle that is built to a price giving perfectly acceptable performance but slightly cheaper to manufacture than the BSA's, just about the only common parts being the fill probe, magazine and a few O rings. The quickfill assembly is very similar to that used by BSA on the Goldstar SE (PCP) model, but with a different thread if memory serves correctly, I haven't got one at hand to measure, the thread on the Goldstar assembly is 25x1mm if anyone has a coyote quickfill valve block they can measure to confirm/deny?
    They do have good barrels (so far from the ones I have seen), they are reliable, they seem to be well enough designed and made to last a good few years of use, probably decades if cared for correctly and re-sealed occasionally.
    After market regulators can be fitted giving an improved shot count with pretty low muzzle velocity variation from full (232Bar) to refill (depends on calibre and regulator as to where the refill point will be).
    The factory fitted silencers (Phox model) are awful.
    I am not connected to either Gamo or BSA in any way.
    Mmmmmm I know Gamo have owned BSA for years but have to admit I have never been a great fan of either. My first air rifle was a Mercury which was nothing to write home about and others ive owned have been the same. My Spitfire is a handy little tool though

It sounds like it's the same but different? All I can say is it look like it's the business in black synthetic but sounds like my school reports," could do better "

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    Mmmmmm I know Gamo have owned BSA for years but have to admit I have never been a great fan of either. My first air rifle was a Mercury which was nothing to write home about and others ive owned have been the same. My Spitfire is a handy little tool though

It sounds like it's the same but different? All I can say is it look like it's the business in black synthetic but sounds like my school reports," could do better "
    Shot to shot is pretty even without a regulator, shot count is also good over 100 per fill on a .177! The tactical versions have the glued on Gamo silencer, which, despite Rancid Tom's utterances are not too bad, not the best but it certainly works. I have roost shot with the Phox and it was not putting the birds up for miles around (bagged pheasants with the Phox too).

I have a metal .22 rimfire moderator on my .177 Coyote, it is quiet enough to hunt with. The hammer is a tad loud, compared to say an HW100, but about the same as a Hatsan.

gamo coyote

Hi guys I'm andy from Cannock and this is my first post, I've been into shooting for a long time and next week I'm buying my first PCP, after much deliberation I've decided on a Gamo coyote package with the dive bottle, can anyone give some advice about any pitfalls with the Coyote before I part with the cash thanks in advance