Thread: Crosman 140

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crosman 140

Hi guys I've just come across one of these in a sorry state , I'm looking forward to doing a full restoration on it but I need a couple of bits , mainly the rear sight which I believes slides over the barrel , also seals as she lets a little wind out , secondly I wonder could anyone tell me a value on one of these in both worn condition and restored to as new standard ? Your time is greatly appreciated
    Many thanks nath

Hi Nath

Most of the seals for the valve are imperial O rings with the exception of the inlet valve and the exhaust valve.

The inlet valve is the same plastic one as is used in the current Crosman 1322/1377, but I just put a cross cut in the rear of the valve so that I can lap it in with a screwdriver using TCut, G3 etc.

The brass exhaust valve cup has an imperial quad seal inside it, rather than source one of these I simply use a metric O ring --- they're a bugger to fit.

For transfer port seals I use two O rings either side of the steel port.

I think that the pump head seal is available from the US but I convert them to use an O ring as well.

The rearsight is just formed out of a bent piece of steel with no windage adjustment so should be easy enough to reproduce.
    You could alternativly fit a scope using the Crosman pistol scope mounts, though you may find it best to use a pistol scope with these.

All the best Mick

Thanks very much Mick for taking the time to write that , most informative and extremely helpful , thanks buddy

All the best
    Nath

No problem, Nath.

I forgot to say --- you could use a custom flat topped O ring piston designed for a 1322/1377 if you extend it, some lend themselves better than others to this.

All the best Mick

I’ve got a 140 here if you need any specific pictures or parts sizes. Just let me know.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

book

Might be of help, especially if interested in ordering parts from the US.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosman-Com.../dp/1499555008