Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home compressor 300 bar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another thought; if your rifle is happy with a fill pressure not too much above 200 bar AND you have your own compressor, perhaps 232 bar would be plenty and 300 bar not really necessary, as you could fill your own cylinder whenever you liked.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I actually bought one recently from China and it arrived damaged (mounts broken) so I haven't tried it out yet. I've got my money back and am deciding what to do next. These machines are quite compact and appear well enough made. The cooling is done via a pump (supplied) so set up on a board is advisable to avoid mess. The instructions are a total joke-even for Chinese gear. Having inspected mine-they are all pretty similar-there is no way I'd recommend it for club use. The makers claim that it pumps up a cylinder up to 500cc in quite a short time to 300BAR but don't look to be able to fill your dive tank with one of these. It just isn't part of its spec.
    I used a home compressor made in Korea for several years and found it very useful but when it gave up the ghost I couldn't find anyone to service it.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I actually bought one recently from China and it arrived damaged (mounts broken) so I haven't tried it out yet. I've got my money back and am deciding what to do next. These machines are quite compact and appear well enough made. The cooling is done via a pump (supplied) so set up on a board is advisable to avoid mess. The instructions are a total joke-even for Chinese gear. Having inspected mine-they are all pretty similar-there is no way I'd recommend it for club use. The makers claim that it pumps up a cylinder up to 500cc in quite a short time to 300BAR but don't look to be able to fill your dive tank with one of these. It just isn't part of its spec.
    I used a home compressor made in Korea for several years and found it very useful but when it gave up the ghost I couldn't find anyone to service it.
    Did you have to pay VAT & import duty on it or did they "backdoor" it in through Europe ?

I've been thinking about getting one for a while, I believe the one mentioned is not really suitable to fill dive bottles though.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I've been thinking about getting one for a while, I believe the one mentioned is not really suitable to fill dive bottles though.
    I thought the you tube vid of the German guy stripping it was good, but out of the box he needed a new hose, had to drill part of it, fit a thermostat and batteries, and then discovered there was no real warranty, spares, and the con rod had no bearings on it - filling a 12L 300 bar bottle for probably a couple of hours would shag this totally, it would never survive it. This is definitely a little and often application.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I thought the you tube vid of the German guy stripping it was good, but out of the box he needed a new hose, had to drill part of it, fit a thermostat and batteries, and then discovered there was no real warranty, spares, and the con rod had no bearings on it - filling a 12L 300 bar bottle for probably a couple of hours would shag this totally, it would never survive it. This is definitely a little and often application.

James
    It really is designed for gun and not bottle filling you know...

I think the one tested and stripped by the German chap looks quite sound for home use. The risk of explosion would be in your connected reservoirs rather than the machine as there is little air volume in it to
    expand (ie explode).

All else is down to good threads and fittings, as it always is.
    Fine for buddy bottles etc, not fine for 7Ltr 300 Bar tanks!

I can see me wanting one....
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

The big concern would be that they do not provide clean filtered air.
    PCPs specify Breathing air only and i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).

The last test i saw for one of these found the air output contaminated by micro particles and a fine oil mist. I wanted to get one but ended up going with the 12L 300bar cylinder as a safer option.

I've spent thousands on PcP rifles and would hate to see any of them put out of action due to faults from poor filling. Same argument on mobile phones, If you spend £600 on a phone why would you trust a £3.50 case to keep it safe?

The 'good' compressors are £2K+ for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    PCPs specify Breathing air only and i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).

The last test i saw for one of these found the air output contaminated by micro particles and a fine oil mist. I wanted to get one but ended up going with the 12L 300bar cylinder as a safer option.

I've spent thousands on PcP rifles and would hate to see any of them put out of action due to faults from poor filling. Same argument on mobile phones, If you spend £600 on a phone why would you trust a £3.50 case to keep it safe?

Do you inspect the filters of the pump that you have your bottle filled by ? They could be pumping dirty air into your tank with out you knowing .

you would only know if your rifle developed a fault or you open the cylinder after every fill . unless your filling place is filling diving tanks for actual divers then you may never know whats being pumped into your tank.

i strongly suspect that filling with air from one of these will void the warranty on the rifle (which is usually a lot more expensive than the cheap compressor).
    But a £50 hand pump is fine?

I really wouldnt worry
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Absolutely ^^^^

I wouldn't even consider pumping my s510 up with something that may be highly likely to contain moisture. Divers breathing air is the only way to go in my opinion. The thought of moisture in the s510 tube slowly but surely ruining it makes me cringe!!!

This is what a commercial set up looks like

https://youtu.be/RZAoN5f2xOY

I wonder if similar principles could be used on a smaller scale with this Chinese compressor. Perhaps keep a 3l 300 bar bottle topped up using this method, and top up air rifle from that bottle.

this one seems ok Air Rifle Air Venturi Compressor .Warning ,The guy is like a child on E numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2M2Tdim_to

pricey though if shipped from the US. https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_V...V_Version/7861

There is also the Daystate one which is a rebadged Coltri and will provide breathing quality air

ATB
    James

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Did you have to pay VAT & import duty on it or did they "backdoor" it in through Europe ?
    I was stung for a small charge of duty-£20. Usual form-pay the courier DHL in this case before it is delivered. The seller in China said they would pay this bit but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.