Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
The handsome one? Yes, that's what I said, wasn't it?

Not trying to persuade the OP from trying a longer rod, Nick. As you say, it may well improve the shot cycle. And, unlike the front extensions, retain lots of spring room (which some may prefer) and not have that little bit of "dead" movement when first opening the barrel. Not that that's an issue. Doing the rod is, obviously, more involved and more expense entailed. But, as we once mentioned at The Bash, there have been some suspect rods peddled by some tuners. And, although not as potentially catastrophic as in a sliding comp cylinder design on your digits, if a rod let go on a break barrel when the user was least expecting it and safe handling wasn't being practised, it cold still be messy, expensive and potentially painful.
Yes, but there are advantages too. As for us, we simply can't do them! At nearing 500 units a month we send parts to people at every point of the ability spectrum. I have no doubt that our fine members would be perfectly capable of fitting one, but this is not the case with every customer. "Idiot proof" is a term I have learned to respect.