Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Guessing you've never had an MRI scan, Mike? Be useful would that. Try and push for one as at least they'll know exactly what they're dealing with. The exercise will be good mainly for strengthening the core to relieve strain and pressure on your vertebrae and discs, yes?

If you have never tried accupuncture, as in the proper, traditional Chinese one, give it a try. Worked for me a few years ago and definitely worth a go matey.

Y'know, with the bikes, sometimes a bike with a riding position where you just lean slightly forwards as opposed to sitting bolt upright can help, relieving pressure on the lower back.

And that career change sounds like a good thing to look in to.
I have indeed had an MRI Scan which is why i'm rather concerned to be honest. Some of the wording: Degeneration on L3/4, L4/5, and L5 S1 discs. Also degeneration to corresponding facet joints. posterolateral bulge disc L4/5 with annular tear indenting on the intrathecal sac and narrowing the exit. This was from just over a year ago and the conclusion is basically the onset and progression of osteoarthritis possibly caused by a back injury snowboarding some years back, playing golf and my job in the general building game. Possibly hereditary too as my dad suffered severely from his early 50's until he passed away at 69.