Thread: 6-24 FFP scope recommendations

6-24 FFP scope recommendations

Hi,

I am looking to buy 6-24ffp scope secondhand, but it seems they are not very common to find in second hand. So, I am looking for new scope alternatives to buy if I end up not finding a secondhand one.

Budget is around £400. It should be parallax down to airgun ranges (10-15 yards). Preferably side focus and importantly should not weight a ton (so sidewinder is out). Illumination would be nice but not a dealbreaker if it has not one.

I narrowed the search down to vortex diamondback 6-24ffp. What do you think of this scope?

Regards,

Murat

Have a look at the Discovery range well worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by cjsid View Post
    Have a look at the Discovery range well worth a look
    I checked them out but I could not find a lot of review about them. I think they are not penetrated to the market sufficiently...

FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashash View Post
    They are nice but looking for something more compact and light weight.

Whatever you get, my advice is to have a look through it first. With such a difference in magnification between the lowest (6x) and highest (24x) you may well find that the reticle is too fine on 6x mag and too thick on 24x mag with an FFP scope.

I have a lovely FFP Leup VXIII 6.5-20 x 40 and the mildots/half mildots are so small I can't make them out on 6.5x mag. On 20x mag they're huge!.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Whatever you get, my advice is to have a look through it first. With such a difference in magnification between the lowest (6x) and highest (24x) you may well find that the reticle is too fine on 6x mag and too thick on 24x mag with an FFP scope.

I have a lovely FFP Leup VXIII 6.5-20 x 40 and the mildots/half mildots are so small I can't make them out on 6.5x mag. On 20x mag they're huge!.
    Thanks for the good advice

Falcon m25 ffp not too heavey.
    mk2 rapid.22