Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parcelforce World Wide PCP shipping information

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

Parcelforce World Wide PCP shipping information

Guys - I've got an answer on this after much faffing around - direct from one of the main people at Parcelforce.

It's in an email to me with all the usual legal stuff about not reproducing it, so I will not give any of the details of the person or the email other than this key point:

"It’s accepted that air guns may or may not be the type with an air cylinder attached. The important point is that PFW does not carry anything pressurised as stated below. (Parcelforce restricted list) If the cylinder is attached to the gun and is empty, this is fine. Such an item (gun) needs to be packed extremely robustly and discretely.

Compressed gas ‘no’. Empty - if part of a gun will be fine. Definitely not permitted Internationally."

So there is still the issue of insurance which is stuck at £100, but we now have it in writing that an "EMPTY" PCP can go via PFWW on a 48hr express by following all their guidelines below, and knowing the pressure vessel is an "accepted" part of the gun as long as it is not pressurised.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...UyMSUyMQ%3D%3D
    Select "guns for sporting use" to get info.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions

Restricted items from Parcelforce

This is the first time to my knowledge we have had any clarification on this?

Result

James
    Last edited by Jesim1; 07-03-2019 at 12:08 AM.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

As regards the "£100 compensation" business, if they "lose" a gun you just need to report a "lost or stolen firearm" to your local Firearms Department. Tell ParcelForce that you are doing this and that they had the responsibility for the safe carriage of your firearm. I am sure they will find your firearm before any further action ensues. Even a sub12 is a firearm in the eyes of the law. In all my years of sending both PCP and spring guns via PF48 I have never had reason to complain. They have never lost or damaged a suitably packed gun. There have been one or two delays due to incorrect postcode or other similar errors by people sending guns to me or receiving from me. That has been my (or the recipients) fault. At all times the tracking website has had details of where the gun was last recorded, sometimes this may be 24 or more hours behind real time but it works. I have never had a gun lost or destroyed by PF as I always declare it as an air rifle. For Section 1 guns I use my RFD account to send to/from another RFD, again, never ever had a problem.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Guys - I've got an answer on this after much faffing around - direct from one of the main people at Parcelforce.

It's in an email to me with all the usual legal stuff about not reproducing it, so I will not give any of the details of the person or the email other than this key point:

"It’s accepted that air guns may or may not be the type with an air cylinder attached. The important point is that PFW does not carry anything pressurised as stated below. (Parcelforce restricted list) If the cylinder is attached to the gun and is empty, this is fine. Such an item (gun) needs to be packed extremely robustly and discretely.

Compressed gas ‘no’. Empty - if part of a gun will be fine. Definitely not permitted Internationally."

So there is still the issue of insurance which is stuck at £100, but we now have it in writing that an "EMPTY" PCP can go via PFWW on a 48hr express by following all their guidelines below, and knowing the pressure vessel is an "accepted" part of the gun as long as it is not pressurised.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com....lVMlElMjElMjE=

Select "guns for sporting use" to get info.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions

Restricted items from Parcelforce

This is the first time to my knowledge we have had any clarification on this?

Result

James
    That's all well & good, whatever you do keep that email safe & never ever delete it, because unless & until they put it publicly in writing, you now hold the only copy of a very valuable written document,
    that is assuming the person who wrote it is of such a position within the company that what he/she says can be taken as being a statement of policy.

Sorry your first link does not seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sorted

That's all well & good, whatever you do keep that email safe & never ever delete it, because unless & until they put it publicly in writing, you now hold the only copy of a very valuable written document,
    that is assuming the person who wrote it is of such a position within the company that what he/she says can be taken as being a statement of policy.

I think that the first link does have it officially in writing

Thanks for sorting the link jesim1,
    Yes I see that they have now changed the terms to clearly state that "air weapons with integral gas cylinders that are de-pressurised are accepted - air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited"

So that is clear & unambiguous, Empty PCP's are legal to post with PF48

Thanks for sorting the link jesim1,
    Yes I see that they have now changed the terms to clearly state that "air weapons with integral gas cylinders that are de-pressurised are accepted - air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited"

So that is clear & unambiguous, Empty PCP's are legal to post with PF48
    Does that not only apply to Royal Mail though ?

Quote Originally Posted by emin-j View Post
    Does that not only apply to Royal Mail though ?
    Jesim1 was kind enough to copy me the email he quoted & that is from high up in Parcel force.

Jesim1 was kind enough to copy me the email he quoted & that is from high up in Parcel force.
    Just need to wait to see it printed in their t&c now then

I've given you the answer I got, I'm not going to push it, believe it or not...……... it's your call.

I really don't care what you think, I thought I was helping, but this forum is becoming a trolls hunting ground.
    Last edited by Jesim1; 09-03-2019 at 11:37 PM.

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    It’s in the terms and conditions in the link he provided if you can be arsed to look

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    It’s in the terms and conditions in the link he provided if you can be arsed to look
    Perhaps you would be good enough to point me to the wording regarding the posting of PCP’s in the parcel force t&c , it’s worded clearly in Royal Mail but they have different t&c to PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I've given you the answer I got, I'm not going to push it, believe it or not...……... it's your call.

I really don't care what you think, I thought I was helping, but this forum is becoming a trolls hunting ground.
    Jesim1 good on you for making the effort to find a conclusive answer to the long argued question regarding the posting of pcp type air weapons by Parcel Force, the Royal Mail find was useful and I would have confidence in posting a pcp with them (package size dependant) but as I have posted previously I asked the same question to PF regarding PCP’s and both replies said a definite ‘No’ due to the ‘new,used,or empty gas cylinder ‘ being prohibited, the email you received is just from an employee of PF and until this shows in PF t&c I wouldn’t be confident posting with them.
    Thanks again for your efforts but not everyone is a troll that doesn’t agree with you.

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Perhaps you would be good enough to point me to the wording regarding the posting of PCP’s in the parcel force t&c , it’s worded clearly in Royal Mail but they have different t&c to PF.
    It’s all there for you to read..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    It’s all there for you to read..
    Please copy and paste the wording regarding pcp’s in the PF t&c .