Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air cyl re-blue service?

It sort of worked but it’s a lumpy finish. The heat shrink tube is smooth on the Outside but rough internally. This becomes visible from outside once shrunk.

I think it’ll look the bollies in an all matt finish, so I’ll etch prime and spray it this weekend all being well. With another pic to follow that.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by arnie2b View Post
    I'd be tempted to call that a de lisle carbine.
    Nice gun.
    I just googled the De Lisle. Never seen one before, but I can see the basic similarities. Other than not being .45 ACP!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

That’s a nice looking rifle you have there my friend.

It’s a nice shroud do you know who made it by any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    That’s a nice looking rifle you have there my friend.

It’s a nice shroud do you know who made it by any chance.
    Thank you.

It’s a HUUB as far as I know.

I’m going down the Cerakote route for the air cylinder. Just stripped it off to send to LSD to get matt blacked to match the shroud. A permanent and pretty solution I hope.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    It sort of worked but it’s a lumpy finish. The heat shrink tube is smooth on the Outside but rough internally. This becomes visible from outside once shrunk.

I think it’ll look the bollies in an all matt finish, so I’ll etch prime and spray it this weekend all being well. With another pic to follow that.
    What about stripping back and having it all blacked ? Or isn't it all steel
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

That’s the plan Martyn. Cerakote the steel air cylinder matt black. It should look sweet with a fresher stock on too (this one is tired).
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    That’s the plan Martyn. Cerakote the steel air cylinder matt black. It should look sweet with a fresher stock on too (this one is tired).
    That sounds nice Phil, it deserves a decent walnut stock, go on, you know you want to !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177