Thread: Air cylinder filling, East Yorkshire area???

Air cylinder filling, East Yorkshire area???

The firm in Hull I used to use was closed by the HSE after an accident. The only other place I knew has gone now too.

Anyone got any places fairly local to fill a 300 bar cylinder?

Desperate, thanks!!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    The firm in Hull I used to use was closed by the HSE after an accident. The only other place I knew has gone now too.

Anyone got any places fairly local to fill a 300 bar cylinder?

Desperate, thanks!!
    There is a dive centre near to where my Dad lives. The Above and Below Dive Centre, it is under the railway arches on Craven Street North, Holderness Road, Hull.

That’s the one that has closed David. A nasty accident with a bottle exploding. HSE still involved.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Cylinder

I didn't know about the accident. I hope the casualty is on the mend.

There is the Diving Centre at North Cave, I bet they refill cylinders.

Refills

Hi Duncans gunshop on Willerby Road in Hull does refills, hth Mark.
    Good deals with,pesca,eragon,old bull,twotitans,paladin,gman,howard6750,rafferty,ca v123,lucky trigger,gt550a,bassmanrich,munchman,snipperuk,dm80 ,ali d,ranger,gubby_uk,deadly,gedfinn 2,viper77765,I. J.,SCOTTK,stanbridge,gmac,FRENCHI,2240phil,Gwylan, the piercer

Quote Originally Posted by maw1 View Post
    Hi Duncans gunshop on Willerby Road in Hull does refills, hth Mark.
    They do decants, not fills, so maybe not enough pressure?

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Above and bellow are closed!!!!!!!!!

Try Duncans gun shop

Thanks all. Dropped it off at Duncans, they have a pump and it’s done. Ready to pick up.

Poor chap at Above and Below is in a sorry state from what I’m told. A valve blew off into his face and neck. He’s always been a nice chap, my thoughts are with him.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Brandesburton shooting ground do them if you're ever stuck again.

Thanks Portzy.

I’m thinking about one of those little electric 300 bar compressors. That might be a great back up as I don’t live near anywhere handy.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Thanks Portzy.

I’m thinking about one of those little electric 300 bar compressors. That might be a great back up as I don’t live near anywhere handy.
    I bought one straight away and it's been great, I had a 80 mile around trip so it was a easy decision to make.
    I bought a 4 ltr bottle as well what I take with me.
    Few points to watch out for is when filling a total empty bottle watch the temperature gauge and stop when it gets to 70 the pump will soon bring the temperature back down and start again.
    I refill my bottle when it's down to 200 bar and takes about 5 mins to get back to 300 bar.
    Also when starting the compressor make sure you have zero pressure in the line and with the compressor running open up the bottle.
    Also change the oil as soon as it looks dirty!
    It's fills my BSA up very quickly but it's easier just to fill from the bottle rather than keep firing up the compressor.

Thanks for the compressor info. It’s a 30-50 mile round trip for me depending on the air source.
    Which one did you get? There’s so many types!
    Have you got a drier/filter in line too?
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Thanks for the compressor info. It’s a 30-50 mile round trip for me depending on the air source.
    Which one did you get? There’s so many types!
    Have you got a drier/filter in line too?
    Phil I got mine from " In Your Sights" at the time I paid £320 but they were on special offer.
    There is a water filter in the line and they supply loads of filters and spares with it. Also a litre of oil for a few oil changes.
    Last time I was shooting I used to have to lug a 12 litre bottle about in the boot.
    Mine is set up on a bench in the workshop so easy to top up when ever I need to.
    Taking in to consideration the time and money it used to cost it's paid for itself already!

I took the plunge. Not sure if it’s going to be a mistake but time will tell.

NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

I took the plunge. Not sure if it’s going to be a mistake but time will tell.

Your be fine!
    Main thing is to make sure the gauge is showing zero when you switch it on , Once it's running open bottle valve and change the oil regularly.