Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton At Epsom Photos

Kempton At Epsom Photos

Considering the near last minute cancellation of the Bisley At Kempton fair, The Binfields and their first rate team have organised another cracking fair, all at virtually a week's notice.

It was great to see the trade supporting the last minute move to Epsom and so many punters go through the gates. The venue was very scenic and there were plenty of old and new airguns up for grabs. I managed to find a couple of pellet tins and another early Baikal Makarov. I almost bought a black stocked Webley Tracker but managed to resist the urge.

Anyway, enough of my rambling - there's a link to photos below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TgkHNjtSmE3WrXyg6

Before I forget, I've pictured Mike Sharp with a unique in line pump airgun (images 3-6) that is marked JULES. Mike is unsure of this dainty little airgun's origins and would be interested in finding out more, should anyone reading this recognise the Jules. Mike believes it's French but is unsure if it is a copy of a Giffard or if Giffard copied the Jules. Anyone have any info?

Our sincere thanks to Peter, Liz and the team for organising yet another successful fair.

John and Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Considering the near last minute cancellation of the Bisley At Kempton fair, The Binfields and their first rate team have organised another cracking fair, all at virtually a week's notice.

It was great to see the trade supporting the last minute move to Epsom and so many punters go through the gates. The venue was very scenic and there were plenty of old and new airguns up for grabs. I managed to find a couple of pellet tins and another early Baikal Makarov. I almost bought a black stocked Webley Tracker but managed to resist the urge.

Before I forget, I've pictured Mike Sharp with a unique in line pump airgun (images 3-6) that is marked JULES. Mike is unsure of this dainty little airgun's origins and would be interested in finding out more, should anyone reading this recognise the Jules. Mike believes it's French but is unsure if it is a copy of a Giffard or if Giffard copied the Jules. Anyone have any info?

Our sincere thanks to Peter, Liz and the team for organising yet another successful fair.

John and Jo
    Hi John,

Nice to catch up with you again thanks to Peter and his team for organising things so well, especially at such short notice.
    Might just be me, but the link to the photos doesn't appear to work.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 23-08-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Hi Brian,

Just checked and link is working for me.

Anyone having problems with the link?
    John

I don't see any pictures when I click on the link either. Just love technology.

No go on iPad, John
    Ok on old steam computer

Thanks for your efforts.
    Nice to see what goes on.

Epsom

John and Jo
    John

That black stocked Tracker was very tempting, the seller had some very good Theoben's and couple of very good Jackals for sale. A good day, I had to stop myself from buying a very early HW35E that was on Brian's stand. It was in the rack next to a Baracuda, the first one I've ever seen.

And I saw boxed Meteor Super, Airsporter S, Webley Falcon and Sheridan Pump change hands.

Pete and team are to be congratulated for organising another excellent fair, and we've got October at Kempton to look forward to.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    pix working fine for me (but then I was signed in on my google account, which may have been relevant).

Great event, so good to have these... it may not be a full fat Kempton indoor fair, but it's still a great opportunity to catch up and view / procure plenty of interesting items - thanks Mr B and team for organising, especially with all the last minute chaos !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    pix working fine for me (but then I was signed in on my google account, which may have been relevant).

Great event, so good to have these... it may not be a full fat Kempton indoor fair, but it's still a great opportunity to catch up and view / procure plenty of interesting items - thanks Mr B and team for organising, especially with all the last minute chaos !
    Signed into my Google Account and tried again, but link still not working for me..

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Signed into my Google Account and tried again, but link still not working for me..

Brian
    Not sure what else I can do Brian. I know several others I sent the link to have been able to access it.

I know, I'll send a link to Danny to place on the VAG. Danny is far cleverer than I in terms of tech!

Kind regards,

John

Not sure what else I can do Brian. I know several others I sent the link to have been able to access it.

I know, I'll send a link to Danny to place on the VAG. Danny is far cleverer than I in terms of tech!

Kind regards,

John
    Airgun pics here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....020/#post-5530

Thanks, John
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Danny,

That is very kind of you and thank you for linking the photos so quickly!

Kind regards,

John

Regrettably, too far for me to visit but your photos of these events are always welcome -- the table with all those Theoben rifles made my mouth water!

Danny,

That is very kind of you and thank you for linking the photos so quickly!

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John and Danny for taking and hosting the Epsom Park photographs.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Regrettably, too far for me to visit but your photos of these events are always welcome -- the table with all those Theoben rifles made my mouth water!
    Very kind of you to say.

There were plenty of airguns I didn't photograph such as a boxed Webley Service with AJAX retailer's stamp, the boxed Falcon, various cased Webleys and lots of BSAs including a boxed and complete Centenary. There was a loose .177 Centenary on another stall too.

All in all, a great day with a fine selection of wares to tempt us.

Kind regards,

John

The photographs didn't open for me in Internet Explorer, but did when opened in Edge.