Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kempton At Epsom Photos

Thanks for the update Troubledshooter. Worked perfect with Edge. Awesome pictures.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi John, great photos as always. pity l could not make it again. at least the weather was kind this time. did you get the se/no of the WR concentric pistol that is just in view in one of the photos.
    ATB,
    Mick.

I forgot to say, that Jules inline pump up rifle that Mike is showing is very interesting. perhaps we will never know if it did proceed the Giffard or not.
    and nice to see that the buyers where keeping their distance in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi John, great photos as always. pity l could not make it again. at least the weather was kind this time. did you get the se/no of the WR concentric pistol that is just in view in one of the photos.
    ATB,
    Mick.
    Thanks for the kind comments Mick - sorry I didn't look at the serial number of the WR.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    ATB,
    Mick.
    Hello Mick,
    Pretty sure I wouldn't have missed a WR Concentric had there been one on display at Epsom. Tim Dyson had a WR Non-Concentric and nice boxed Firefly, but I couldn't identify a WR Concentric in any of the pictures.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Mick,
    Pretty sure I wouldn't have missed a WR Concentric had there been one on display at Epsom. Tim Dyson had a WR Non-Concentric and nice boxed Firefly, but I couldn't identify a WR Concentric in any of the pictures.

Brian
    Hi Brian, you are right. l have just had another look and it,s a Highest Possible. that's why l went and had my eyes tested last week. can't wait for my new specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Mick,

Brian
    Phew. I though I was going mad there.
    Morally flawed

Very sorry to say that I wasn't able to make it this time round. Looks like it was a great event, and a fab set of pictures as well. Lots of lovely things to temp the unwary. Hope to make the next one though.

Lakey

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I saw that pistol about 6 pics up from the bottom and CCDJG told me it was a Jung Roland. Ive a few questions about it ----Did anybody buy it? How much was it ? (Im guessing a few on the scale?) .
    On the technical side, is it Diana Model 5 or Slavia ZVP sized --or smaller like the Chinese S2? Does it have the big lump under the piston like the Diana and the S2 or a slot in the piston for a sear? I'm guessing it wont have a piston rod?
    How does it shoot?

Thanks.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I saw that pistol about 6 pics up from the bottom and CCDJG told me it was a Jung Roland. Ive a few questions about it ----Did anybody buy it? How much was it ? (Im guessing a few on the scale?) .
    On the technical side, is it Diana Model 5 or Slavia ZVP sized --or smaller like the Chinese S2? Does it have the big lump under the piston like the Diana and the S2 or a slot in the piston for a sear? I'm guessing it wont have a piston rod?
    How does it shoot?

Thanks.
    I picked it up and had a fondle. Iirc it had £150 on it. I did have a little think (never seen one in ten years) but decided rare or not it was fugly. I didnt know before, but it turns out I don’t collect fuglies.

I have no regrets.
    Morally flawed

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I picked it up and had a fondle. Iirc it had £150 on it. I did have a little think (never seen one in ten years) but decided rare or not it was fugly. I didnt know before, but it turns out I don’t collect fuglies.

I have no regrets.
    Thanks for that. So did anybody buy it or know who was selling it?
    Its odd how a lightly different grip can make the difference between a pistol looking well or ugly.
    I'd love to see one stripped to see how good or rough they are.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Its odd how a lightly different grip can make the difference between a pistol looking well or ugly.
    I wondered if the grip was original. The checkering seemed to have been done during a power cut, by someone who was using his left hand and being attacked by bees

I should have asked his name. He was at the last Kempton too and had some unusual things. At that one he had an Excellent pistol at a fair price, Which you don’t see often, and you can see he had an excellent rifle this time. He also had a jung Rolland rifle (that’s the one with the medallion in the butt) Someone with contacts on the continent I guess. With any luck he’ll be at October’s do.
    Morally flawed

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)

Talking

Gutted I missed it. Next time !

It was a chap called Fred, a Kempton regular but I'm afraid I don't have contact details.

Binners may be able to help if/when he sees this thread.

Kind regards,

John

The Jules looks to me like a homemade action in a Liege smallbore stock.
    Breech made from hex nutrod and stamped wonkily with modern marking punches.
    Good Effort 6/10